Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Girl Trip!

Last Friday morning my mom, Adalyn and I got on the road at 7:00 AM to make our way to Ocala to visit Christopher, Brandy and Hunter. It takes anywhere from 8-9 hours to get there so Adalyn was set with multiple movies to watch, books to read, and coloring books to color. It rained a good portion of the way down there- which I hate to drive in the middle of a down pour on the interstate! But once we hit Valdosta the rain was finished. We arrived at their house around 3:30 or so. Adalyn did great in the car. I knew she would- she is so so easy. She watched her movies and colored quietly. As we got into Florida all we could talk about was how green everything was. Like lime green- it was so refreshing to see. Our bare trees in TN are ugly to look at. They already have roses blooming as well. It has been Spring there for quite some time now. We played the rest of the afternoon and ordered Outback for supper. I had a salad- soo good! We all went to bed late and woke up early. We got everything ready for a full day in Daytona. It was due to rain on Saturday but we loaded the boat up anyway and made the trip. It takes a little over an hour or so to get to Daytona from Ocala which is nice. Our first stop was the beach! Anytime I see the beach I get so excited. Brandy knew of a restaurant we could eat at that was on the beach so that's where we headed. We ordered our food then walked on the beach! It made me want summer to be here already!!!

You can multi-task at any age.

 Ready to head to Daytona!



Nothing like jumping on the sand!




A trip to the beach isn't complete without a cartwheel on the sand!






Lunch was great. I got the crab dip and it was delicious! The rain moved in while we were eating so we headed to the mall to shop for a bit until the rain passed.

Look what Adalyn did! She had a blast.


After we shopped, the sun came out! We loaded up and headed back to the boat. The sun felt SO good beating down on my face. The ride was very relaxing and Adalyn slept through the majority of it!

That night we ordered pizza once we finally made it back home. We were all wiped out!

Sunday morning we slept in and relaxed. It was so nice to do nothing! 


Around noon we ate lunch and got ready for an afternoon of shopping. For the past year, Target has been my choice for my clothes and shoes. I could spend all day roaming the aisles in that place. Adalyn needed new sandals for the warmer months ahead so she got 3 different pair and I loaded up on some some things myself. We then hit Old Navy, Kirklands, and Panera Bread for a cookie snack. When we got back, we played outside and grilled hamburgers. 

I stayed up late that night to finish my book. I cannot put any books by Nicholas Sparks down! I had started this certain book on Monday and finished it Sunday. 

We woke up very early Monday morning and got on the road. I think we left at 6:15. I started the trip driving so I was glad when my 2 hours was up and it was my moms turn. :) Thankfully, it did not rain on us while traveling back. We got to my parents house around 3:00. Adalyn kept telling me thoughout our trip how much she missed Landon. We were both so eager to get home to see our boys! We were home around 3:30 and Adam hadn't arrived home just yet. I opened the door expecting to see Landon but he was still napping. I was dying to get my hands on him so I decided I would wake him up. Well, as soon as I opened his bedroom door, all I could smell was poop. It was so strong. All I figured was he had a poopy diaper before he was put down for his nap and it was still lingering in the air. Well, I was wrong. Dead wrong. One of my worst fears came true on that afternoon. He had obviously pooped at the very beginning of his nap and I guess he didn't want to sleep in that so he proceeded to take his diaper off. So for the 2.5 hours of his nap, he slept naked in poop and pee. Yuck!! Poop was smeared on the bumper, pee on his sheets and blankets. Poor baby was just looking at me trying to figure out what was going on since he had just woken up. He was still in a daze. All I could do was try not to gag and took him straight to the bathtub to wash him! I had been warned that kids do that kind of stuff. Adalyn never did so this was a first for me! We took every single thing out of his bed and washed it immediately. I had a talk with him and explained that we absoluetly do not do that. He said "yes mam" in the sweetest voice and I couldn't help but to smile at him. The whole situation was actually pretty comical and I pray with all of my might that he won't pull a stunt like that again. ;) 
Welcome home!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...