Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter 2014

What a beautiful day we had! So thankful for the awesome weather we had yesterday. All week leading up to Easter, Adam and I made sure to really explain to the kids what Easter is really all about. Well, Adalyn understood. Landon is still too young to really know what we are talking about. 
Anyway, Saturday night the kids went to bed excited because the Easter Bunny was coming. Sunday morning they were able to check out their loot!


I was very practical with what we decided to put in their baskets. Adalyn definitely does not need another doll and Landon does not need another tractor or digger. So, for Adalyn, she got an outfit that I purchased back in December and put away for Easter, panties, socks, sidewalk chalk, a Hello Kitty toothbrush, candy and a new bathing suit. Landon got two I Spy books (He LOVES those books!), a new Digger book, The Jungle Book DVD (that's for both of them really) a Bert and Ernie toothbrush, candy, a bathing suit and "gardening tools".

"Look! I got shovels!"

Love Adalyn's bed head?!

We watched The Jungle Book and ate breakfast. Then we got dressed for Church and packed the car full for our long day ahead of us!

Church of course was wonderful. I pray that I never get over what Jesus did for me. (and you!) Nancy also joined our Church- what a great day to do so!

After church, we headed straight to my Grandparents house. Unfortunately, this is the last Holiday we will be spending at their house. For the past few weeks, we have slowly been taking things out of the house. The walls are looking bare and furniture keeps coming out. I am thankful for the beautiful weather we had to enjoy the house/property together for one more Easter. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Last year on Easter, it stormed, my Granddaddy was a few weeks from passing away, and we had the stomach bug. We ended up celebrating the next Sunday when we were not puking everywhere. :S









I have to say this. This is the very first time (ever) Landon has actually willingly smiled AND looked at the camera at the same time. He always smiles for pictures, but he is also staring out into space and trying to escape from wherever I have put him to snap his picture. So I have to take a million of the same pose in hopes I get ONE good shot of him. He did so good this time! Only took 2.5 years ;) I hope this is a sign of him getting older and actually not minding having his picture taken! He is such a sweet, sweet little boy. 

After pictures, we ate lunch. We were all so so so stuffed! Everything was delicious. We didn't even clean up afterwards. We all went outside to hide the eggs for Adalyn and Landon. They had a great time hunting for them!





The rest of the afternoon was spent outside. Landon helped my uncle mow and he ended up falling asleep so my mom held him while they sat underneath the shade in the swing. 


Adalyn actually fell asleep outside as well sitting on Adam's lap. So they each had a nice cat-nap while we were outside. While they napped, Autumn and I sat out in the sun to bake.

Once they were up, we continued to play! And of course take lots of pictures.




This is SO Landon. A boy and their sticks. I love watching him. He said to me, "I'm building a castle out of sticks momma!"

This was a surprise for the kids. Erin bought a dozen of these "confetti" eggs from Kroger. I had never seen them before and they were so cool! They looked like a real egg and broke like a real egg as well. When you shattered the egg, tons of confetti came falling out. It was so fun! They had a blast with it.

(Yes, her shorts are undone. Her brand new, size 6 shorts from Carter's my mom bought for her last week are too small! This girl will be bigger than me in no time)

They got Granddaddy pretty good!









I forgot to post this from when we first got there after Church. 

Adalyn flying her Kite.

and how fitting is this image? I looked up and saw what looked to be a cross from an airplane. So neat!

We walked to the creek, took a walk down the road, played ball with the kids and then Adam, Casey, Autumn and I played "Pepper" for the longest time. It has been so long since Adam and I played and it was so much fun. I haven't moved around that fast or that much since my ball playing days in high school. We left around 7:15 and headed home. We, as in Adam and I, were exhausted! Adam bathed the kids when we got home and I unpacked and fixed them something to eat. We watched a few minutes of TV before putting the kids down for the night. Adam and I followed soon after! So so tired! 

It was a wonderful day and I'm so thankful to have spent it with my family.

Read about Easter 2013 HERE!
Read about Easter 2012 HERE!
Read about Easter 2011 HERE!

I didn't blog about our Easter in 2010 because I wasn't on the blogging band wagon then. Adalyn was around 5 months and I can assure you she looked precious in her coral dress and sandals. :) And if you noticed from my other Easter blog entries, I always try to color coordinate! ;) I hate I don't have a picture of Adalyn's 1st Easter on my blog. I may try to upload it later once I can locate it on my computer!

2011- Pregnant with Landon! 

2012- Look at my babies! Adalyn was 2 and Landon was 6 1/2 months

2013-kids were growing and getting some hair!
Adalyn was 3 and Landon was 18 months


HAPPY EASTER!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...