Thursday, September 4, 2014

What have we been up to the past week?

A lot! Our weeks seem to go by so fast because we always have something going on. Which, at times, is a good thing but other times, I just like to be home! I'll go back to Sunday, August 24. Our church picnic was that afternoon so we all got a reallllly good nap in before hand (you know how I love my Sunday afternoon nap! Our house is totally quiet from about 1:00-3:15 or so, sometimes even 4:00. Again, LOVE it). We arrived at the park a little after 5:00 and immediately went to the play ground. We caught up with Chloe and Judson and those 4 kiddos played together the entire night. By the time we ate, the kids hurried through their dinner just so they could eat their blue cupcake. I grabbed a chocolate covered one for Landon but that was a no go. He wanted the blue icing cupcake just like Adalyn's... 


Knowing Adalyn, I knew she would not eat the cupcake. Just like I figured, she liked all the icing off and was done. Im not a cake/cupcake eater myself so I guess she gets it honest. 
Landon on the other hand is my little junk food boy :) He loves it all. They were stained blue the rest of the night.

Monday as soon as I walked in the door, Adalyn said, " Momma! My poop was green today!" 
Ok Adalyn. Thanks for sharing?
She goes on to say, "It was because I ate a blue cupcake at the church picnic".
Niiiccee.

We then left for gymnastics. Her class time is now at 5:30 and Landon loves to come because he knows he will get to play with Judsons tractors. 
This is what they do pretty much the entire hour we are there.
Isn't funny how little boys will automatically push their trucks back and forth like this without being shown? Adalyn never did this. She never really would sit still long enough to play with any toys really.  It just seems like boys could do this all day long.

Afterwards, we all went to eat at Rafael's. We were all hungry so the kids ate really well. They also played "guns" in the arcade corner they have. We heard nothing but laughter and squealing the entire time we were there. We didn't end up leaving until a little after 8:00 I think. We hurried home and put the kids to bed since Adalyn's first day of Pre-K was the next day!

She's ready!
You can read about her first day HERE!

Tuesday afternoon the kids wanted to play with play dough. 
It's more fun outside anyway! 
Plus, my nerves are more at ease with play dough being smashed outside as opposed to on my table, chairs, and floors. 
Can I get an Amen?!

Wednesday is church night and since the new church year has started, Adalyn is now in choir before her TeamKid class starts. I love to hear her sing on the way home afterwards. Maybe she will have a beautiful singing voice since her momma does not. 
;)

When I picked up Adalyn from school Thursday afternoon, I could tell she was pretty tired once she got in the car. She told me a little bit about her day and then when I looked back at her, I saw this throughout our short trip home.
So funny!
Nancy is home with Landon and he is already down for his nap by the time I bring Adalyn home which is a little after 1:00. On this particular day, she slept until 4:15.
PreK is tough on a girl!

From the time Adam and I get home from work, we are outside until at least 6:00 or so. One of us will come in to start dinner but other than that, we are outside the entire time. Thankfully our backyard has awesome shade so it's not too bad. The kids are at such a fun age right now and are big enough to play by themselves. They have a gator and a tractor that they alternate riding and go all over our entire front and back yard. They know the boundaries so it's nice to just let them go while Adam and I sit back in a chair and watch them have fun. 
This is how I caught them one afternoon. 
Two can ride on the gator but obviously one can only ride on the tractor at a time. 
So they improvised and made it work where they could both hitch a ride on the tractor.

Jumping on the trampoline is our favorite thing to do! It's a good way to tire kiddos out ;)


Saturday Adam went to the farm and the kids and I loaded up and went to my parents to swim. We had planned to go to the lake but the forecast changed out minds. It didn't rain a single drop during the day and the kids swam for hours! 
He did this at least 5 times in a row.

They ate junk food, swam, and watched TV outside, what is better than that? We all took a nice nap and when we woke up, Adam was there so we went swimming again! Afterwards, we took showers and left to head to Levi's birthday party. The kids always have a blast together playing over there. 

Sunday we went to church and then went to the lake around 2:00 that afternoon. I thought it would rain our afternoon out but it didn't rain a drop the entire time we were out on the water. My uncle, aunt, cousin and her friend were staying at Wingo Inn at the lake. The kids love being with them and Landon was very attached to Autumn's friend Mady. It was cute :) After swimming for a while, Landon fell asleep mid drink

We then left and headed home to take quick showers and to get ready for the UT game at 6:00. Dustin, Christin, Levi and Shelby came over for the night and my kids were so excited! We ate pizza, watched the game, played outside, and the big kids ran around like crazy the majority of the time. Shelby would just stare as they came running through the living room acting like they were bad guys with their "guns" in their hands. 
I love their imaginations!

They left a little after 9:00 and we put the kids right to bed and we went to bed ourselves. Adalyn woke up at 8:00 Monday morning and Landon got up around 7:30. It was so nice to sleep!

We were back at the lake around 9:45 that morning and didn't leave until after 6:00 that night. It was a beautiful, hot, sunny day so it was only right to spend it on the lake! Jeremy, Megan, Megan's sister and niece also joined us around lunch time. We were anchored in a little cove and grilled burgers and hotdogs and did some fishing. Autumn and Mady caught some fish and my kids were thrilled! 
Landon looked at me and said, "Please I have a fishing pole, please?"
Ah. so precious.

After lunch, we spent the rest of the afternoon swimming, jumping off the top, tubing, and (attempting) to ski ;) We had a blast!! Landon took another nice long nap on the boat on this day as well. We also did the ALS Ice Bucket challenge and Adalyn and Landon thought that was the best thing ever. We were challenged over a week ago and just got around to doing it on Monday. 


These girls tubed a couple of times and check Adalyn out!
Her balance is unreal. I was so proud of her!
She also knee boarded again this year. The handle is clipped on the front of the board so she doesn't have to worry with holding herself. She just holds on to the board.
Brave girl!
We had a great two days out on the lake. After being there all day on Monday, we were all burnt to a crisp. I forgot to reapply sunscreen on myself and the kids. Whoops. 

A little selfie action on the boat with my little buddy

A few mornings ago before Adam and I left for work, Landon was running around the house being loud and acting like a true boy. ha! I told Adam he needed to be in a straight jacket. He grabbed a blanket and swaddled him tight to where he couldn't move. It was so funny.
Landon didn't think it was though. haha!

As we left Church Sunday Landon came across a tiny worm of some sort and he had to stop to get a good look at it. After he checked him out, he stepped on him.
 Sigh. 
Boys will be boys!

I snapped this of Adalyn after her bath one night. She was so excited her towel was on her head like I do. She said, "Momma! I look like you!"

Adalyn had school today and she was so excited because she knew she was getting to bring "Max" home for the weekend. Max is a stuffed dog and is the class pet. A child gets to bring him home every Thursday to take care of him until the following Tuesday. He comes with his own backpack and a notebook for the kids to draw a picture and to write (or parents to write) what they did together. 
As we walked out of the door she said, " I get to be the author and illustrator and I will be able to write and draw about Max!"

I thought, hum, very good baby girl. Very good.

Happy Thursday folks!

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...