Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Landon's Digger Birthday Party!

We celebrated Landon's birthday on Saturday and we had such a wonderful time! He didn't slow down for a minute and definitely soaked up all of the attention. The weather was simply amazing. Seriously. I could not have asked for anything better! It was surprisingly chilly since a cool front moved in so it was so refreshing! 

The theme this year could not have been any more perfect for him at this moment in his life. Any type of construction vehicle he goes crazy over so it was obvious as to what theme we should go with! It was super easy to decorate as well since he has all kinds of construction trucks around the house. I always have so much fun planning the kids birthday parties and of course I started researching this theme months ago. The party was a success and we had so much fun!
We are so blessed with family and friends who came over to celebrate my baby boy turning 3. As he gets older I know our house will be full of his little friends running wild around our house! We keep it mainly to family and some close friends of ours so I suspect within the next few years we will have lots of sweet boys celebrating with us :)

I knew I wanted to stick with black, orange and yellow as a color scheme so this invite was perfect!

I made the door hanger, just like I did for Adalyn's 4th birthday party last year, out of cardboard and paint chips from Wal-Mart. Best thing about this craft is everything is free! It's fun to make and I love that you can choose any color paint chip to coordinate with whatever party theme you have.

I always take both kids outside before their birthday parties to snap a few pictures of them in front of one of our willow trees. I love to see the comparison pictures year after year.





He was saying, "It's my birthday!"

A good hug from his sister

The details

His cake is by far my most favorite cake Jennifer has made for him so far. I give her all of my ideas that are floating around in my head and she creates a masterpiece every single time!
 This cake fit Landon to a "T". 
Seriously. 
Could NOT have been more perfect!










These "rocks" were actually chocolate pieces found at Hobby Lobby by my sister-in-law. This was perfect for our theme!

I filled each of the mason jars with rocks from outside. Easy enough!









Before we ate, the kids jumped on the trampoline, bounced in the bounce house, climbed all over the swing set and ran around the yard. Exactly what kids like to do!







Everybody ate and watched football



Look at that sweet face!
Landon's buddy Liam



Opening gifts

He was so excited about his Toy Story sleeping bag!







He received lots of fun gifts and they were all big hits!! So thank you everybody!
Landon also got his very first bicycle and he was so excited! He has been riding Adalyn's since this summer so we knew it was the perfect time for a bike of his own. Thanks Granna and Granddaddy!





Test driving his new bike!



Landon has a fascination with Octopus'. When I came across this helmet I knew it was meant to be!




After some more playing, it was cake time!
As we all sang to him, he chimmed in and sang as well. :) 
So sweet.







I hated to cut the cake it was so pretty!

This bubble gun was a huge hit! He also received a bubble machine and I just bought batteries today so we can play with that, too. Bubbles never get old!

Autumn gave the kids a bath at the end of the night and Adalyn played with Landon's new "shaving kit" he got. 

The kids had partied hard and were wiped out by the time everyone left. Landon woke up the next morning at 8:00 and that NEVER happens. haha!


Landon had a wonderful 3rd birthday party and we are so very blessed to call him ours! 
He is one loved little boy!!

Read about Landon's Sock Monkey Birthday Party here!
Read about Landon's Tractor Birthday Party here!
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...