Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy 3rd Birthday Landon!

Landon's birthday was last Tuesday so we decided to celebrate by going to the Fair that evening with family and friends! My mom and dad, Jerry and Nancy, Sherrie and Dave, Brad, Melissa and Jackson and Dustin, Christina, Levi and Shelby were there and we had such a great time! We stopped by the Art building when we first arrived and looked around then we found somewhere to eat. Adam and I always love fair food so we ordered cheeseburgers, fries and a Sun Drop and it was delicious. We all ate and then headed to the barn!


(How perfect was Landon's shirt?)

The weather that night definitely reminded me that Fall is here- it was so nice!

After we checked out all the animals,


 Adalyn and Landon took a ride on the pony's. Adalyn rode by herself and Adam walked beside Landon, but he made sure to tell him that he could do it himself. So typical. :)
I think what Landon liked best was when the horse in front of him pooped. hahaha. The worker stopped the horses so he could clean it up and Landon just laughed. 

We then met up with Dustin and Christina and this is how Landon greeted Shelby...
He loves kissing on her! ha!

Then the kids started to get on the rides.



I think their favorite ride was the dragon roller coaster. I think we covered every kid ride there and they also did the big slide as well as the fun house. 

Sherrie and Dave let the kids pick a game to play so they went "fishing". I think they all laughed every single time they "caught" a fish. 
They enjoyed it!




By the end of the night, Adalyn was pooped! She was barely hanging on.

This picture pretty much sums it up. :)

Landon loved sitting on the tractors and lawn mowers before we left.

We left around 9:00 and gave the kids a quick bath when we got home and put them straight to bed. They went full throttle the entire time and had so much fun! I was glad we were able to celebrate Landon turning 3 in such a fun way. 

Happy 3rd Birthday Landon Riley!

And just for kicks... this was me 3 years ago....
40 weeks 

And my sweet boy went from this

to this
in a blink of an eye.


Landon is the best "surprise" we have ever had. God always knows what He is doing so I have no idea why I was scared to death when I found out I was pregnant. (it might have had something to do with the fact that Adalyn would only be 22 months when he was born...) 
He keeps us on our toes daily and has the cutest laugh ever. Landon has taught me a lot in the past 3 years. He is in no hurry for anything and does everything on "Landon" time. He loves junk food, will not eat macaroni and cheese, and would eat cookies all day if we allowed him to. Will sit and look at books all.day.long. Loves anything with wheels...tractors, construction vehicles, cars, trucks, etc. Enjoys jumping on the trampoline and driving his tractor throughout the yard. He has the loudest squeal that will pierce your ears. He is the hardest kid ever to take pictures of. He cares nothing about the camera (unlike his sister who makes it so easy!) He absolutely hates getting his hair cut and normally screams bloody murder the entire time. He loves to watch Little Einsteins and enjoys stopping to get a biscuit from Hardee's. In his words, "I want to go to Tinkle Tinkle Little Star and get a biscuit"... because of the star logo beside Hardee's ;) 

He is a true definition of a little boy who is loud, plays with pretend guns and "shoots the bad guys".
He jumps off things he shouldn't be on top of, he runs into things, he climbs onto anything he can before we can catch him, and he digs, moves and buries things a lot. I have to be ok with forts being built, fingerprints all over my doors, and building blocks because I am a boy mom. I am so blessed to be able to experience "the best of both worlds" with hairbows and dolls with Adalyn and dirt and tractors with Landon. Raising a little boy is so.much.fun. He keeps us on our toes more than Adalyn ever did(or does), but he makes our life interesting and fun. 
Our main goal in raising Landon is to live his life for Christ. For all the bumps I'm sure we will experience along the way, I pray he will seek the Lord in all that he does.

I am a momma to a 3 year old little boy and I am so blessed to call him mine.

Read my birth story here










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...