Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Adalyn's 1st day of Kindergarten

The day finally came! A day we have talked about in our house for months now. A day I would day dream about from time to time when she was a toddler. A day that is considered such a big milestone in a child's life.

Kindergarten.

I can't believe I just typed that.
My sweet, almost 6 year old girl has started Kindergarten! 

Before I had Adalyn, I had people tell me all the time, "Soak it up! Time will go so fast. Enjoy every minute." I listened and agreed with them but it wasn't until I watched her grow right in front of my eyes how very true those statements were. 
For those who know Adalyn, you know what a remarkable little 5 year old she is. 
So smart. So loving. So caring. 
Adam and I are so proud of the little lady she is becoming!
 
Y'all, she is just precious!

Adam and I took Adalyn Saturday afternoon shopping for back to school clothes and school supplies. We literally shopped until we dropped! She was a trooper and hung right in there with us. We ate at Chewy's and ended our night arriving at Target around 8:15. I really enjoyed the time we were able to dedicate just to her. Since it was Tax free weekend we were able to load up and get her ready for the school year! We had so much fun. She crashed on our way home. ;)

Today is considered her first full day of school, but it is also Phase In day. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week has been dedicated to Kindergarten phase in which means 6 or so kids will come on each of those days to get the feel of school in a smaller setting. Then on Thursday, her entire class will be together to start the year off! 

Last night after supper we went outside and I took some Kindergarten pictures of Adalyn. This is such a special time in her life and I wanted to be sure and document it. She loves the camera and I always have so much fun taking her pictures!










Notice the black eye? It happened Friday night on our way home from the Back to School bash. Once we pull into our subdivision, I will let the kids get out of their seats. Not every time, but occasionally I will and they get such a kick out of it. My back windows are made to only roll half way down so she had her head hanging out and was acting a little silly and goofing off. She must have turned her head the wrong way and banged her eye. Immediately she started crying. The first thing out of my mouth?
"Well you shouldn't have been goofing around!"
I pulled in the driveway and took one look and it was already red and raised. lol whoops. I guess I need to be more compassionate at 9:00 at night. :P
Saturday morning it was swollen and black. So the picture above is looking much better than it was! But I reassured her how awesome it would be to start your very first day with a black eye. Such a good story to tell and something we will never forget when we pull these pictures out when she is graduating high school!


This morning before we left for school, I took her back outside with our chalkboard. She was so eager to leave!







It's going to be such a great year for Adalyn! She is going to have the very best time, meet so many new people, and learn so much. She has a wonderful teacher who will bless her in so many ways. We are thankful for her school and everyone who works in it!





And just like that, this momma and daddy walked out of the room and left her behind.
She grew up right before our eyes! 

Happy 1st year of school Adalyn May! 


1st day of Preschool-

1st day of Pre-K 

1st day of Kindergarten










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...