Monday, August 17, 2015

Cousins.

I am so behind on blogging about our summer so I am playing catch up! Back towards the beginning of July, Lauren and the kids came up to Tennessee to visit so we had a great time being with them! They were able to watch Adalyn's very last softball game on Thursday night and then Friday morning we went to the Rec Center for a day of swimming. During the summer months we are closed on Friday's so I LOVE having long weekends all summer! It worked out great that I was off and able to be with them. We swam and swam then headed to my parents to swim some more. The kids had a blast with each other. Wish we could see them more often!





Saturday morning my mom and I, along with the kids, loaded up and headed to Alabama to watch Nathan play in the state baseball tournament. It was such a HOT weekend but we enjoyed our time at the ballfield! Brought back a lot of (hot!) memories for me. The kids were troopers and sat through a few ballgames in the scorching heat! Landon really hung onto Nathan and loved watching him play "basketball". hahaha

Whew- we were HOT!

After the last game, we checked into the hotel and we let the kids go swimming. It was late and we had a pizza delivered around 9:00 that night. We ate outside then went up to our room for baths and pj's. Landon quickly passed out while watching TV and Adalyn and Betsy tried to stay up as long as long as they could.

We woke up Sunday morning and had a huge breakfast and then said our goodbyes.

I love seeing these kiddos together!

Once we left, we went shopping! I have never really visited Huntsville before but I fell in love the first few minutes we were driving to the shopping area. The mountains and farm land were surrounding everything and it was just gorgeous! We did some damage at Kirklands and we were bummed Hobby Lobby was closed! I know they are closed on Sundays but it just didn't hit me until we drove up and the lights were off. We were like, "Ohhhh yeah- it's Sunday!" lol We had a lot of fun and they kids were great. Landon had fun playing with superheros toys in Kohl's. He is so easy to entertain! Give the kid a superhero or a book and he's set!

We had a fun quick trip!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...