Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dear Adalyn,

You are the Birthday Girl today! whoa! Where did this year go? When you woke up this morning, I went and got you and brought you back to bed with me and your daddy. As I layed you down in between us, I slipped off of my pillow and nuzzled my head into your neck and tried to breathe in the last bits of your baby smell that seemed to disappear more and more each day. Then I laid back and just stared at your face. You were laying so still just looking at the ceiling fan. I made sure not to let you see that my eyes were open. When you see my eyes open, you think it's time to get up and play and I'm usually not ready to do that just yet. Neither is your daddy. Your little face is just perfect. your facial features are just beautiful. I laid there thinkin, you are one today. really? ONE? Some days it seems like you were born just yesterday. Then there are some days it feels like I have lived my whole life with you. I think thats because you complete me. That may sound corny but I always thought I was complete when I fell in love with your dad. But now I know you complete us. You have made us parents and there is not a better feeling in this world than having your own family. We have God to thank for you. A child fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty. ~Author Unknown

While its hard not to miss all the things I loved about you as a newborn, I must admit you sure are fun at this age! You have such a personality which everyone loves. You are always smiling, laughing, clapping, or pointing at something. I love the way you squeal when your daddy jumps out from behind something and scares you. You love the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You absolutely love to dance and bob your head to music. You sign "All Done" when you are finished eating and you are starting to sign "Dog" when we see a dog.

Adalyn, you are our best friend and we are truly amazed at the little girl you have become.You are so sweet, good natured,silly, and pretty smart, too!

Happy FIRST Birthday Adalyn May Clark!
We love you,
Mama and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...