Wednesday, November 3, 2010

So it's true...

the statement, "It will hurt you worse than it will them" is so very true. I had a crappy day Monday. Needless to say, when I got home, I was SO glad to see Adam and Adalyn. If you have ever been to our house, inbetween our dining room and kitchen is a window type thing and underneath the window is a frame that I have hanging. Adalyn has shown some interest in this frame for some time now but hasn't really tried to bother it. Well, Monday she went over to it, looked at me and adam, then grabbed it. (Luckily it didn't fall off.)I gave her a stern "no" and she did it again. I again told her "no" but she went on to grab it again! Not that she understands me, but I went on to tell her why I did not want her playing with that. Because it will hurt when it falls, etc.I thought to myself, "uh oh. isn't it too early for her to be disobeying?!" haha. So, I told her no for the 3rd time and popped her hand.Not too hard but hard enough to get my point across. She looked at me and gave me the saddest frown then started bawling her little eyes out! AHHH. I wanted to cry too. Thats when the saying, "it will hurt you worse than it will them" came into my head. boy oh boy is that true. I went on to hug her and explained to her why I popped her hand. Because I love you, I did not want you to get hurt, and when mama says, no, you need to listen, etc, etc. So anyway, she did the same thing that night when I had left to run to the tanning bed. Adam told me he had to do the same thing to her! Looks like we are starting the discpline process already! I hear consistency is key, so that's our plan.

Aside from that, I have been off the past two days and I learned how to do my new hobby! I got an embroidery machine and I am learning how to monnogram bibs, blankets, burp cloths, etc. I am SO excited! I'll post some pictures once I am confident enough to show off my work. haha. I just love getting things monnogrammed for Adalyn and I have SO many friends with babies and lots expecting so I figure what a better time to learn something new!

We are 9 days away from my "baby" turning ONE. Shew. I cannot believe it. I am so excited for her party! I will be posting a blog regarding my birth story so be sure to check that out when I do.

For now, some information on what Adalyn is up to these days...
-She has 8 teeth
-She has been walking since the end of September
-She will not crawl at all anymore. She knows she can get where she is going alot faster by walking
-She is getting pretty good with signing "All Done" when she is finished eating or when I get finished nursing her. We are still working on "more" "please" and "thank you".
-She loves to share my peanut butter toast with me
-She says "Uh-Oh" just about all day long. It is so cute.
-We ask her where the light is and she automatically points at a light. When we feed her in the dining room and ask her where the light is, she will point at the light in the dining room, then point at the light in the living room.
-We had some boxes flattened out in the kitchen from buying groceries and Adam asked Adalyn to bring him a box. She walks to the kitchen, picks it up, and brings it to him. I thought it was a fluke so I asked her to bring me a box and she did. She ended up bringing us all 5 boxes. The next morning, I asked her to bring me her pacifier. She pulls it out of her mouth, walks over to me, and puts it in my hand. Talk about being shocked. She loves that paci so for her to give it up was amazing.
-She is pretty particular about food textures. She loves crackers, cheese, pretzels. We cooked her some whole grain wheat noodles and sprinkled cheese on top and it was a no go. Even a slice of bread she will spit out.
-She is sleeping wonderfully now. About 6 weeks ago we decided to let her cry it out when she woke up during the night. It worked like a charm. We try to get her in bed by 7:30 or 8.
-She LOVES dogs.
-She laughs ALLL the time and I love it.
-She loves "helping" me with the laundry. She will hand me a sock and she loves to turn it on because everything lights up and makes a fun noise.

She is truly our pride and joy and we are so blessed to be her parents!


1 comment:

  1. Loved this post! You are the representation of God in your little girl's life! You teach her Love, you teach her Kindness & Faithfulness in providing, and you teach her Right from Wrong and Discipline! When you teach her to obey Adam and you, you teach her about the Nature of the Almighty God, the most important lesson!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...