Thursday, October 20, 2011

Getting the hang of this!

Well, maybe I shouldn't say im getting the hang of this... more like it's getting better each day. My confidence that is. Last week, (Oct. 10-14) was my 1st full week ALONE with my kiddos. Fall Break was over for Adam so it was up to me to keep my kids surviving! i was obviously a little nervous on that monday when Adam left for work. I was most nervous about nap time. I am such a stickler when it comes to a schedule and Adalyn has been on one since she was basically born and I'd like to keep it that way as much as possible. I was terrified I wouldnt be able to get her to take a nap and I of course was secretly hoping I would get to nap too. So with that being said, taking a nap is VERY important in this house. To my surprise, I had BOTH kids asleep at the same time! Not only that, we all napped for 2 hours. After our nap, I thought it was probably a fluke considering I was able to get them both asleep at the same time and wondered how in the world I would do it again. But, it was a great day all together in which I was very thankful for. It some what boosted my confidence. I am proud to say that the rest of the week I was successful in getting Adalyn and Landon both asleep at the same time. I would go and lay Adalyn down then Landon and I would lay down together. Our naps each day were right around 2 hours. So I guess its safe to say I am getting landon on some type of a schedule since I start the afternoon nap around 12:30 ish. I remember on Tuesday i ate lunch standing up. Sometimes he doesnt like to lay in his bouncy seat for a long time so I didnt even see the point in sitting down and trying to "enjoy" my lunch. On Wednesday, I met Adam at the door with a screaming baby. I handed Landon off and breathed a sigh of relief that Adam was home. Thursday was pretty normal from what I can remember. On Friday, Landon officially wore a size 0-3 month onesie. Actually, he wore 3 that day. Onesie #1, he COVERED it in spit up. Onesie #2, he peed thru it. Onesie #3, poop graced its presence on it. Boys! He was also out of newborn diapers. I remember Adalyn was in them for 5 weeks. landon beat his sister by a week. I love seeing his little legs and arms get fat rolls. Makes me proud since im the one feeding him! So that was my week in a nutshell. Adalyn has grown up so much within the past month. She isn't even 2 but yet she is acting so much older. She has really gotten into the big sister role. She is so big. We go for her 2 year check up November 16. She is in size 3T jeans and size 8 shoe! Growing up so fast. Landon will be 5 weeks tomorrow. Adalyn slept through the night for the 1st time when she was 8 weeks old. 3 more weeks and then MAYBE Landon will let me sleep! He does better than some nights. A couple of times his last feeding has been around 10:30 and then again at around 3:30, which is very doable. Adam and I have been going to sleep around 8 and sleeping until he wakes up. He has been getting 1 bottle a day and it's normally the 9 or 10 PM feeding. I pump and go back to sleep while Adam rocks Landon.He is liking his baths a little more and more each time. The other night he just layed there. He looked all comfy while I washed him but as soon as Adam washed his hair, the crying started. ha. Oh, my mom bought me some Sock Monkey Pee-Pee Tee-pees. haha. They are so cute. He is getting better about not peeing on me and everything else in sight, but these are for added security. =) When he poops and I change him, I have to be careful and make sure he is FINISHED with his business before I try to change him or else he will poop again like he never has before. nasty. and somehow he has YET to do this to Adam. Thanks Landon. I love you , too. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...