Thursday, October 6, 2011

The latest!

I knew I would slack on blogging once I had Landon! Sorry guys! I have plenty of chances to get on the computer, but sleep is more precious to me at the moment. This week Adam has been on Fall Break which has been so nice! I love having him home. I cannot even express how big of a help he is. Last Wednesday Adalyn came up with a low fever and a snotty nose. The fever only lasted a day but I never knew a kid could have so much snot in their nose. It was never ending. By Sunday morning, she still wasn't better and we didn't want to take her to the nursery at church to get other kids sick so I asked my mom to stay home from Church to watch her so we could go. (thanks mom!) Adam is now a Deacon at our Church and this past Sunday was the first time he served The Lord's Supper so I couldn't miss that. Also, it was Landon's first visit to Church! He was 2 weeks old and slept the entire time. We made it to both Sunday School and Service. It was so refreshing to be there. After Church we headed home and relaxed for the afternoon.
I had already changed but this was taken right after church

On monday, we dropped Adalyn off with Adam's parents and we headed to Alabama for the day to see family. This was Landon's first road trip and he slept the entire 3 hours there and back. that's my boy! We were so ready to see Adalyn when we got back. Aside from that, we have been hanging out at the house and playing. Landon is so laid back and really only cries when he wakes up b/c he is usually hungry. He's definitely an eater that's for sure. Adalyn is still in love with him and must kiss every inch of his face. When he cries, she normally says, "Landon, shhhh" haha. It's so cute. She is always wanting to jab his pacifier in his mouth like it's a sucker. We try and explain we have to be gentle but I don't think she is getting the memo. thank goodness babies are tough. He has been accidently stepped on, kicked, hit, etc. by his big sister. I guess it will just make him tough! we are doing pretty good on his routine. He eats every 3-4 hours during the day and his last feeding at night is around 7:30 or 8. He normally will wake up around 1:00 am to eat and then again around 5 or so that morning. I can definitely handle that. It also helps that Adam rocks him back to sleep after I feed him. landon acts like any newborn- eat, sleep, poop, pee (everywhere) and cry. On the other hand, sweet Adalyn is just so full of life! Oh that little girl sure knows how to make my day. She will be two next month and we have been working on "manners" everyday. Though she does not do or say it everytime, she knows to say "yes mam", "thank you" "welcome" "bless you" etc. It is really the cutest thing to hear her say something like that when we don't have to remind her. When she says it all on her own reassures me we are doing our job! She is growing like a weed and feels like she weighs 100 lbs compared to landon. Changing her diaper is much easier since we don't have to be as "gentle" like we do with him. She loves taking a bath. She will walk in from outside and say "tub" over and over until one of us gives her a bath. She has 3 ducks and 1 hippo that she adores and they MUST be covered up with a blankie (washcloth) and they must sit on the edge of the tub. It's so sweet to watch her imagination come to life. Her baby dolls are her best friend. We must know where they are at all times. they need a blanket and their "milk". She laid a baby down on the futon in her play room the other day- turned off the light and closed the door. they were going "night night" and we needed to "shhh" hahaha. Oh me. I am really just rambling on so Ill stop now.





Oh yeah, say a quick prayer for me! yesterday afternoon I came down with a fever, headache and body aches! I do not have time to be sick so please pray I get over whatever this is! It came from out of the blue. I went on a few errands yesterday so im not sure if I picked something up by doing that? Went to the bank, a nasty gas station because it was 2 cents cheaper, and the tanning bed. Anyway, I just hope I get over this. Im feeling a little better right now but not 100%. I have kiddos to take care of so sickness, please go away. please and thank you.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...