Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Steps Preschool

Today was a big milestone in Adalyn's life! (and her parents :) ) She started preschool today at Church. It's a Tuesday/Thursday school and the hours are from 8:15 until 1:00. That time is definitely intended for stay at home mom's, but Adam and I decided since she is almost 4, it would be a perfect time to introduce her to a school setting.It helps that she knows all the teachers from Church and her classroom is also her Sunday School class and Team Kid class on Wednesday nights. Lynn is also a preschool teacher and arrives at 7:30 so since I have to be at work, I will be dropping her off around 7:30-7:40 with Lynn until school starts. On Tuesday afternoons, Lynn will bring Adalyn home and will watch both kids until Adam or I get home from work. Nancy is there on Tuesday mornings until Lynn arrives. And on Thursdays, I will take a later lunch and pick Adalyn up then take her home. Nancy watches the kids all day on Thursdays so I will drop her off and head back to work. We went to Open House last Thursday to see her teachers and to meet her classmates. We have been talking about her starting Preschool for months now so she was so happy today was finally the day she could go. We ended up having to wake her up this morning so we could get a jump start on getting ready and for all the million pictures I wanted to take. Are you surprised? You shouldn't be! :)
We opened her door and Landon high tailed it to her bed and climbed in and pounced on her. Adalyn quickly remembered she was going to Preschool so she gladly got up and drank her milk. We all ate breakfast, got dressed, then headed outside to take her "First day of Preschool" pictures. 

I am so proud of this girl and so excited for this new milestone in her life!




(I plan to use this chalkboard to document important events in both the kids lives- I just love it and love the idea!)

Daddy and Adalyn

Then it was my turn!

I can hear her laughing when I look at this picture. The sun was so bright!

She has been playing with her backpack and lunch box for at least a month now. We ended up having to put them away because she kept stuffing them full of STUFF. Socks, crayons, baby dolls, paper, Barbies, whatever she could fit in it, she used. She was so excited she was able to wear her backpack today and carry her lunch box. 




Once we got back inside, she went to Landon, knelt down and said, " Landon, sissy is going to school today but I will be back later!"  It was so sweet. I couldn't help but to smile.

On our way to school, she talked and talked and then we prayed for her day, her teachers, and her new friends. 

Here she is walking into school!


Putting her backpack and lunch box in her cubby.


And one last picture before I left...

I hope she has a great first day! I can actually say I didn't shed a tear. I kept wondering leading up to this day if I would but I was just so excited for her the excitement overfilled the sadness. When she starts Kindergarten, that will be a different story :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...