Monday, August 12, 2013

Our day on the lake

We spent the day on the lake yesterday and the kids had a blast! We left after Sunday School and made our way to the lake. My uncle, aunt, and cousin joined in on the fun too. With all of our schedules basically all over the place, it has been hard to find a weekend to take the boat out! We had lots of sunshine and beautiful weather. Couldn't have asked for a better afternoon. Mother of the year here forgot to apply sunscreen on my kids. Whoops. I decided to put some on wayyy after the fact. Oh well! They are both sporting rosy red cheeks today and they look so cute :) Once we got out on the lake, we found a little cove, threw the anchor in and started eating lunch and swimming. First thing Adalyn said was that she wanted to jump off the top. I had expected her to ask so I was thrilled she wanted to do it. We climbed up to the top, snapped a photo, and down we went! She came up laughing! She loved it!


So guess what we did over and over and over again? :)



We did this on and off all afternoon. She even told us she wanted to do it by herself. So she climbed the ladder, yelled "1, 2, 3" and jumped! She loved when we would all cheer for her. This girl has no fear.

Then we went tubing! This was a lot of fun and Adalyn seriously giggled the entire time we rode! It was so sweet. Landon liked it too. He kept a pretty straight face but would crack a smile and I would hear a laugh every once in a while.


Our faces are priceless in the next couple of photos!




(from the conclusion of these photos, mine and Adalyn's mouth stayed open the entire time. ha ha!)

We took a break and let Autumn and Adalyn ride together. But first, it was time for a cookie break :)


Here they go!




Landon thought it was so funny to watch them ride the tube

I don't think his smile ever left his face!

Autumn went knee boarding then I tried later on in the day. I use to knee board quite a bit with Carla back in the day! But that's been at least 5 years ago. I'm proud to say I got up my first try, was able to go side to side and spin around twice! This ol' momma still has it! But, if you want to know how I'm feeling today? Sore. Every inch of my body is sore. Ha! 


Adalyn begged to try it, too! We knew she wouldn't be able to hold the rope but on the front of the board is a clip so we clipped it there and made her lay on her stomach and hold the sides of the board. Autumn rode with her to help keep her balance. 
Getting her up on the board was quite the task.

Ha- look at this face!

I was so excited when they were able to get on!



They rode around for a few minutes before Autumn slipped off...



I swam around while they pulled them around... Here she is after she fell off. I was so proud of her!



We all had a great day and we are all sunburnt! It started to rain right after Adalyn stopped "knee" boarding. We were so thankful for perfect weather the entire afternoon!

The kids fell asleep in the car and once we got home, we had a picnic in the living room and watched Despicable Me on ABC Family. Then it was baths and bed. They were so wiped out!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...