Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

What amazing weather we had for the Labor Day Weekend! Friday, we closed the office at 3:15 and I headed home to pack up the kids. My mom was coming to pick them up so they could stay with them at the lake for the night. Once they were loaded up and gone, Adam and I made our way to Murfreesboro to do a little shopping! Nothing like one on one time! It doesn't happen a whole lot and any time we can get to ourselves is wonderful! We mainly shopped for Landon's birthday party, but made stops at Hobby Lobby ( my favorite! All the Fall decor got me in the mood!), Lowe's, Target and then Party City. We ended our night with dinner at Newk's. I have been multiple times but I guess obviously not with Adam. I always talk about how GOOD their chicken salad sandwiches are, and since Adam and I are chicken salad sandwiches lovers, that's where we decided to eat. Every time I have been there I always got a bag of chips with my sandwich. This time, I asked what their Soup of the Day was and decided to try Broccoli and Cheese. We both love Panera Breads soup so I was hoping this soup would at least be just as good. Oh my- I have officially declared Newk's broccoli and cheese soup the best I (we- Adam totally agreed) have ever eaten. Get a bowl- you will not be disappointed. 

Saturday morning Adam headed to the farm to do some work and I headed to the lake to meet up with my parents and kids. My parents and uncle and aunt sold the camper a few months back so they stay at Wingo Inn right on the lake. It's a big suite with plenty of room and of course the kids had a ball. They were still in pj's when I got to them and they were excited to see me! I brought strawberries for Landon to munch on (his favorite) and he gets so messy every time he eats them. (I always have to spray Shout on his shirts whenever he eats them)


We all changed into our bathing suits and made our way to the boat. Friday evening my parents took them out as well and mom said Adalyn and my dad jumped off the top over and over again. 

My uncle, aunt and Autumn got there no too long after we got out on the lake. Adalyn was thrilled! Autumn is so good with both of my kids. For the rest of the day, we swam, jumped off the top of the boat, rode the jet-ski, and ate. Landon didn't sleep well Friday night so he was very tired on Saturday. More like overly tired. He was pretty grumpy at times and when he would fall asleep, my dad or whoever had him at the time would end up having to get up for one reason or the other and that would wake him up. We could easily distract him by Cheetos or swimming though. :) 

Landon's 1st time on the jet-ski




Autumn and Adalyn immediately jumped off the boat. Here they are as soon as they came up
This happened over and over again all day long. 

Adalyn specifically asked me to take her picture. She said, "Momma watch! Take my picture!"
Not sure what she is trying to accomplish.

Adam ended up leaving early to head to the airport to pick up Patsy and Bo from their trip. Landon wasn't thrilled that he left so we had to calm him down and Erin did great at changing his sour mood. :)

Again, the weather was absolutely perfect and we grilled burgers and hot dogs on the boat that evening. We had lots of chips and desserts and everything was so good! The water was so calm and the temperature wasn't sweltering hot so it was so so nice. The sunset was beautiful. Towards the end of the evening, Autumn and I decided we wanted to see how far we could swim from the boat. Adalyn tagged along. We got pretty far away before they decided we needed to dock for the night so they came and picked us up. Adalyn fell fast asleep in the car and Landon sat so quietly and would talk every now and then on the way home. Once home, we put them straight to bed. Landon woke up at 6:20 Sunday morning and Adalyn at 8:15! 

Sunday we got ready for Church. After church, Adam was a teller and had to stay to count money so me and the kids went to Food Lion to buy some more food for our cookout that night.  Adalyn and Landon both dozed off on our way to the lake but when they woke up, they were all smiles and ready to swim! We spent our day with Billy and Gina as well. Another day for perfect weather!

Look at the sweet picture I took of Landon being all cuddly with my mom

 When we finally got off the boat, the kids loved playing on the dock.

Adalyn loves the camera! She is such a ham!

Just so you know, she posed all by herself. I'm telling ya, she loves the camera!

Sweet :)

They were having so much fun!


Jerry and Nancy came around 5:30 and Adam started grilling. Landon and Adalyn wanted to swing and play in the sand so we did just that! We had cheeseburgers, brats, potato salad, chips, fresh cantaloupe, dessert and we even had smores afterwards. It was all very delicious.

Check out our view we had after eating. Beautiful.

 After eating, swimming, and playing in the sand, we loaded up and headed home. We went to the hotel room first to change clothes and we put the kids in the shower real quick since we knew they would be out by the time we got home. Monday came and you know what we did? Nothing! We stayed home! It was glorious. We are always on the go so being home is so nice. We played, mowed, cleaned the garage, cleaned the house, and we all napped for about 3 hours! I ended up waking Adalyn up when it was about 4:40. She fell asleep at 1:15. That's pretty good sleep if you ask me! 

We all had a great weekend! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...