Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Happy 5th Birthday Adalyn!

This girl is 5. 
A whole hand. 
It is so hard to believe!
 The past 5 years have been the quickest 5 years of my life.
She brings us so much joy and laughter. She has the most caring heart and is always concerned for others. I have always said she is so "mothering" and feels like she has to take care of everybody. She is my little pleaser. Always wanting to make sure whatever she is doing is being done the correct way. I love her curls. I love how tall she is. I love her big blue eyes. I love her laugh. I love that she wants me to scratch her back at night. I love how excited she gets over little things. I just love everything about her!

She woke up the morning of her birthday (Nov. 13) to balloons taped around her door. Landon woke up before her and came into my bathroom while I was getting ready and said, "Momma! Sissy has baboons on her window!" hahaha


 We made cupcakes after church Wednesday night for her class at school the next day. We added food coloring to the frosting to make it light blue and went with blue sprinkles to make it go with our Frozen theme. 

Didn't she do a great job?!

I took cupcakes and juice to her class that afternoon and she loved that her class sang to her. I so enjoyed my time being there with her and her class on her actual birthday. So fun!
This was taken first thing that morning at school...

 by the time I got there this afternoon, she had already ditched her sweater.
You can see in her face how happy she was. The class was singing to her.


After cupcakes, school was almost over anyway so I went ahead and took her home for her nap then headed back to work. As soon as I got home from work, we got everyone ready and headed to get Adalyn's ears pierced as part of her birthday from Adam and I. She had been talking for months about wanting her ears pierced so I told myself that if she was still talking about it by the time her birthday rolled around, we would do it! I explained how it would work and told her it might sting/burn for a for seconds so even after knowing that, she was still on board. So we said there would be no backing out and she was ok with that!

As soon as we walked into Claire's, she picked out her earrings.
Hello Kitty!






I have to admit, I was a tad nervous for her. I was expecting watery eyes or panic in her voice as the two ladies put the "gun" to her ears but she just sat there. The next thing we both knew, they were finished! Just like that, her ears were pierced. She didn't wimper, close her eyes, and I can almost say I don't even think she blinked. She hopped down from Adam's lap and said, " I have my ears pierced!" She was SO excited and we were so proud of her. It didn't phase her at all. 
This was a big milestone in her life and it's so fun she did it on her 5th birthday. She (I) will always remember that! 

A little excited?!

LOOK at that face! ha! So much sass!!

After Claire's, we went to Chick-fil-a to eat and let the kids play. 


(Ahh! hugging and be nice to each other... what?!?! hahaha)

We all had a delicious supper and the kids played their little hearts out in the play room. 

By the time we got back home, we all got ready for bed, had a snack, and watched TV for a few minutes. 

Adalyn had a fun filled day and was still over the moon about her ears being pierced. I think I heard, " I have my ears pierced" at least 100 times that night. 
:)

Adalyn gave me the best title I will ever receive... mom. November 13, 2009 she made me a momma... something I always wanted. 

Happy 5th Birthday to our sweet Adalyn May.
You light up our world!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...