Thursday, November 6, 2014

October

Our October was very busy! The first weekend in October was spent in Gatlinburg with Dustin, Christina, Megan and Jeremy. We did lots and lots of shopping, eating and relaxing- it was the PERFECT weekend! We all had dental appointments, went to birthday parties, went on a class field trip, visited the pumpkin patch, played outside, carved pumpkins, went to school Halloween parties, celebrated Halloween and Adalyn even had her vert first sleepover at our house! I will blog on that later! So, our October was jammed packed but was so much fun!

This post will hit on a little bit of everything so excuse the randomness of it.
I do want to say, before I forget to type it later on, that Adalyn said the funniest thing Tuesday night in the bath tub. Monday and Tuesday Adam didn't get home until around 7:00 each night due to being at the farm. Last night after supper, I let the kids play while I cleaned up the kitchen before I started baths. They were being extremely loud but I didn't say a word about it because they were being nice to each other and actually playing together without saying, "He took my crayon! or "she took my book away from me!" 
I was letting them jump off my bed onto a huge pile of pillows while I put my kitchen back in order. They were screaming and carring on, but again, they were being nice and playing with each other so I let them have at it. When I put Adalyn in the bath she looked at me and said, " I didn't know how much fun it would be to have a brother until tonight!" 
hahaha! 
It only took 3 years for her to say that. 
; )

Earlier in the month we went out to eat with Megan and Jeremy and then headed over to the football game. We hadn't been to one in a few years so we were due!

Read about Adalyn's 1st football game here and Landon's 1st game here!
I love being able to look back on these old posts- it's just a quickly reminder as to how fast they grow!

I snapped this of Adalyn at Church a few Sundays ago.
One word- Adorable.

I love that Landon is so interested in all things farming, just like Adam is. Every Saturday he follows along and "helps" along the way.

He loves riding on the "bob tat" as he calls it.

Friday, October 24 was the Fall Festival at North Coffee. They had Chick-fil-a for supper and lots and lots of games and candy. The kids had a blast! We arrived around 5:30 and didn't leave until after 8. We all had so much fun and the kids were wiped out by the time we arrived home. Jerry, Nancy and Megan spent the evening with us at school so the kids enjoyed having so many people to play with throughout the night.





Landon wore this blue plastic hat almost all night. ha. He looked so cute wearing it!




Just about every classroom we went in, he wanted to sit and read the books that the teachers had on their bookshelves. He is such a little book worm. I hope he always stays like that!


Last Monday, Adam and the rest of the principals and supervisors headed to Nashville for a conference for 3 days. He fixed my lunch on Sunday night and Monday when I sat down to eat my sandwich, I found this little note
:)
He did stuff like this all the time in high school... its been quite some time since I have received a little note like this haha! So I had to take a picture!
He came back home Wednesday afternoon and we were all very happy to have him back!

Last Thursday night was Reading Night at school for PreK-2nd grade. Kids dress in their Halloween costumes and come for Halloween stories in different classrooms, they make 2 different art projects, and get to go "trick or treating" in the gym. Adalyn and Landon loved wearing their costumes- again, we all had so much fun!
I love all the different activities the school does throughout the year for the kids. Makes me even more excited for Adalyn to start Kindergarten next Fall.


One of their projects was to put together a Halloween picture frame. Once it was completed, they took their picture in front of a Halloween background, printed it out, and put it straight in their frame. It will be neat to pull it out next year to see how much they have grown!



They also made spider bookmarks and their thumbprint made the body of the spider. 

The weather in October was typical Tennessee weather. Warm one day, freezing the next! I am not ready for winter yet. So I hope warmer tempertures stay throughout November!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...