Friday, January 9, 2015

Christmas Day 2014

Christmas morning came early in our house! But not because of the kids waking early, it was because I set my alarm for 5:30. I did it for a good reason. I wanted to be able to catch whichever kid came down the hall first so that both kids could see their gifts at the same time. Normally, Landon is first to wake up. He immediately walks into our room to wake us up.
 (thanks buddy!) 
I just knew if he were to walk through the living room and see all of their toys under the tree, he would stop and play with everything without waking anyone up! ha! So, in case that were to happen, I got up and plopped down on the couch until I heard one of their bedroom doors open. It was around 6:15 when he came out of his room. I jumped up, reminded him that Santa had came and that we needed to wake up Adalyn. They were both so excited to get the morning started! 








We enjoyed watching the kids "ooo" and "awww" over their new toys. The only thing Adalyn said she wanted was a Doc Mobile and Landon would only say he wanted an "Engine Turtle". Landon received a huged, stuffed "engine" turtle that he sleeps with every night and Adalyn got her Doc Mobile that she pulls all over the house :) In one of these pictures you can see a box of Kinetic Sand. They each received Kinetic Sand and I think it is the neatest toy I have ever played with!

The kids played with their toys, Adam and I got ready, dressed the kids, then out the door we went to Jerry and Nancy's house for a big Christmas breakfast. Patsy and Bo were able to make the trip that morning to visit with us for the day so we were glad to see them! 

















After lots of eating and playing, we left a little after 12 to head to my parents house for Christmas.
December 25 also marked 6 weeks since Adalyn got her ears pierced for her 5th birthday. So on Christmas, we were able to change out her Hello Kitty earrings and replace them with the diamond earrings she received from Granddaddy. She was so excited about the switch and couldn't wait to show him.














Autumn let Adalyn put make-up on her... thanks for being a good sport Autumn!
;)
 





We all had a wonderful Christmas Day being with our family. We were partied out and wiped out as soon as we got home late that night!

The day after I slowly started taking our Christmas decorations down and then by Monday, the ornaments were taken off the tree and everything was completely put away. I love getting everything out and see our house lit up during the month, but I really love putting everything back up and getting my house clean and back in order. I feel like I can breathe and enjoy the start of the new year!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...