Friday, January 16, 2015

Just so I won't forget...

I came home yesterday afternoon to Adalyn telling me she has "new teeth". Confused, I opened her mouth and sure enough, her top 6 year molars have already come through. I had no clue I should even be on the look out for those molars yet! Hadn't even crossed my mind. I googled it and everything I read said to expect them between age 6-7. She's barely 5! The bottom molars are getting ready to come through, too. She was so excited about these new teeth. She said, "I feel so grown up!" I raised my eyebrows and laughed a little and asked why. She said, "because I have new teeth!" 
:) 
Sweet girl.
She had a rash on her thighs last week that lasted maybe two days. It wasn't bumpy, just redness on her skin. She said it never itched and after a few days, it was gone. I am now wondering if cutting her molars may have caused that? 
Anyway, we now have a girl with two permanent teeth (and two more on the way!)
Exciting stuff people!

Most of you know my blog is my personal scrapbook of memories of my family and friends and I know it will be something I treasure for the rest of my life. Adalyn and Landon's babybook is full of information from their baby/toddler years so I'm glad I also have this blog to document things that won't fit in their book. 

With that being said, and just for my own mind so that I will always remember, this about Landon is blog worthy, too!

Things Landon does each day is a simple reminder that he is not a baby anymore and that he is becoming such a big boy. At night, we read books, pray, and sing songs and then I lay him in his bed. For the past few months, after we pray and I sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (I have to begin with that song first, according to Landon) and then he immediately will say, "Lay me down momma".  My heart sinks every time! Ah! I love holding him and rocking with him before bed, so the fact that he just wants to be laid down is a hard pill to swallow!
So, I always say, "let me atleast sing 1 more song!" He says, in a very serious voice, "Ok momma. But just ONE more song."
I asked him what song he wanted me to sing and he replied with, "Seek Ye First"
I asked if he would sing with me and he sang every word. It was pitch black in his room so I couldn't see his face, but as I sang, I smiled the entire time.

Such a sweet moment that I don't ever want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...