Thursday, January 8, 2015

Christmas Eve 2014

Decemeber was such a fun month for our family! It always seems to go by so quickly though. We decorated our house the Sunday before Thanksgiving and we all enjoyed the pretty decorations so much. I love a dark house with only lights on from the Christmas tree! Every single night in December, after the kids had their bath and were comfy in their pajamas, we ate a snack and watched some sort of Christmas related show or movie. I looked forward to that every night! With the kids being 5 and 3, Christmas was so magical to them. (and I loved it!!) Wilson, our Elf, made his appearance after Thanksgiving and the kiddos were so excited to have him back in the house! I loved being able to say, "What will Wilson say to Santa tonight about your actions right now?"
Worked every time.
ha!
They were so excited the entire month and kept asking when Santa was coming to visit. Landon really got into the book "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" so he constantly had it with him it seemed like. We enjoyed the Christmas shows, the Christmas food, and being with family and friends during our break! 

I'll start with Tuesday, December 23. My mom had asked me if the kids could stay the night so we dropped them off once she got off work that afternoon. Christopher, Brandy and Hunter were there so we were all so excited to see them! When we finally left, Adam and I headed to town. It was grocery day (I always buy groceries on Tuesday during my lunch break) and I was looking forward to a kid-free evening and walking around Wal-Mart without having to keep a close eye on two kiddos. ;)
Of course, it was pouring rain that night (like it did just about every single day during our break!!) but we first decided to run inside Arby's to grab supper. Again, it was refreshing to sit, eat, and talk with one another without having to be in a rush to get out of there. I know you moms can feel me!

Wal-Mart on the night before Christmas Eve was of course, crazy! I knew it would be. Even in the pouring down rain. Thankfully, I had already purchased everything we needed to make for our Christmas get togethers because if you needed almond bark, Christmas sprinkles or pecans, you could forget it! Shelves were so empty! We grabbed our regular groceries and went home. I went ahead and packed up presents, food, and extra clothes that we would need for the next day and then plopped down on the couch and watched our favorite, HGTV with Adam. 

We arrived at my parents house around 8:15 Christmas Eve morning and we all enjoyed a huge breakfast! It was delicious and very filling. Adalyn surprised us and ate biscuit and gravy! After breakfast, we settled into the family room for presents. I took tons of pictures as usual. We had such a great time seeing what each other received and playing with the kids and their new toys.

Before the chaos started
.
Hugs for Granna!











 My dads present from my mom was in the back of our Tahoe- he was surprised!


The kids were so excited to see they each got their own mini iPads!





More hugs to say thank you! 




Now, no more fussing over our iPad! Score!




The rest of  the day consisted of napping and some more snacking. Unfortunately, we received a phone call during the day that my aunt (one of my mom's sisters) had passed away. She had been battling health problems for quite some time now but it was still such a shock. My mom and dad decided to stay home and we went ahead and got ready for the Christmas Eve service at Church. Adam helps in serving The Lord's Supper, reading scripture and praying. On this night every year, we sit in the verrryyy back so two little kids (mainly Landon-ha! oh, and Hunter now!) wont really disrupt anyone too bad ;)

Once we all left Church and parted our own ways, we went home and put the kids in their Christmas pj's, baked cookies for Santa, watched a little bit of a Christmas show and fed the reindeer! Adam did this as a child so we wanted to carry it on to Adalyn and Landon, too. We forgot to do it last year I think, but did it the year before. The kids were ALL over feeding the reindeer! They had straw and "reindeer food" and made 9 individual spots for the each reindeer to have their very own hay and feed to munch on. 
:)
They giggled the entire time they were getting everything ready!
It was so sweet.





Next, it was time to put out milk and cookies.
Oh, and an orange, too!
per Landon's request
;)

We read a few Christmas books and put the kids straight to bed. 
Santa came later that night
:)
So much fun!!


Christmas Day will be on another post.
Stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...