Thursday, April 2, 2015

Adalyn's 1st softball practice!

We signed Adalyn up for fastpitch way back in January when they offered early signups so January, February and most of March Adalyn continually asked when she was going to get to play. I loved hearing her excitment everytime she asked. I grew up playing the sport and love it more than anything. Deep down I pray Adalyn will love it just as much as I did but I know that after a few years of playing if she decides it just isn't her thing, I will (have to) be ok with it. She may venture into other sports that I know nothing about but I will love watching her play anything so I'm ready and excited to start her extracircular activites off this year with softball! 

We started playing out in the yard last spring with a plastic bat and ball. She never wanted to hit off the tee so we have been pitching the ball to her since day one. The girl can hit! The week before Spring Break and her first practice, we bought her cleats, glove, helmet, bat and a ball. For a year she has been hitting with a plastic ball and bat so one day out in the yard we gave her her new bat and Adam pitched a real ball to her. We grabbed our gloves and went to the front yard. He looked at me and told me to back up and be ready and I looked at him and said, "I've got a glove!! I'm gooood!" First pitch, Adalyn hits a line drive right to me and I didn't have time to get my glove up and it tipped my glove and busted me square in the nose. I fell to the ground in pain and started laughing and I look over to see Adam with his glove over his face because he was laughing so hard. Poor Adalyn stood there with a scared look on her face trying to figure out what had happened and when I finally got up off the ground, she said, "I'm so sorry momma!" As I laughed I told her not to apologize. She hit the ball and did everything we asked her to do. She perked back up, I scooted way back, and Adam continued to pitch to her. I will never forget her first actual time of swinging a real bat and hitting a real, hard ball. 
I still can't help but to smile!

Her first practice was on my birthday at 5:30 until 7:00. Every year in highschool we had a game on my birthday so it was only fitting of me to watch my 5 year old practice 10 years later.
Who knew!!





Landon was amused with Adalyn's helmet. He looked so cute!
He does such a great job sitting through Adalyn's gymnastic classes and now softball practices. His days of playing will come soon enough! 










We are so thankful for Adalyn's coaches, the girls on her team, and this first softball season of her childhood. 

Can't wait for the games to start!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...