Friday, April 10, 2015

Easter Weekend 2015

Our Easter weekend started Thursday afternoon since Adam and I didn't have to work on Good Friday! Friday morning I already knew Adalyn and I would be making a trip to Murfreesboro in search of an Easter dress for her. That is so not like me so deep down I was stressing! I ordered her original Easter dress back in February as a "pre-order" knowing it would ship March 31. I figured that would give plenty of time to get it in. Well, I received an e-mail last week saying the dress is 1 week behind on production. Ah! So, we made it a girls day (the boys went to the farm) and we went in and out of stores on a mad hunt for a dress. Thankfully, we found one that I liked (I hate being so picky!) and made our back home for lunch and naps! Adalyn had ball practice that afternoon then we came home and ate dinner, watched a few minutes of tv while the kids ate their snacks, then went to bed. Saturday morning Adam went to help my dad move a few things and the kids and I held down the fort. Chloe and Judson came over for a little bit and played and checked out our chickens then I continued cleaning and getting ready for our big Easter get together with my family! It was so nice having Christopher, Brandy and Hunter in town. We always have celebrated Easter on Easter Sunday but by doing it on Saturday helped Christopher and Brandy out so they wouldn't have to be in such a rush to visit with two families! Adalyn and Landon were so excited to see Hunter as well as Casey and Autumn. We ate lunch around 1:30 or so and played outside the rest of the day! It was a beautiful sunny day but the wind was a little cool. 

This was the first Holiday we had ever hosted at our house (we are normally always at my Grandparents house but it's under major construction) and I enjoyed having everyone under our roof! We had a fun filled day and two tired kids that night! And lets face it, two tired parents, too. 
;)

Ready for it?
Picture overload!





















Time for the egg hunt!



Trying to take a picture of these 3 after the egg hunt didn't go over too well 
:P





Here's an outtake for ya!
Shew, we gave up. 
Maybe next year!




Landon loves his Iron man cape and mask. 




We threw the ball with Adalyn and Adam pitched to her. This is what our afternoon of playtime looks like now and I love it!!

Once everyone left, we gave the kids a bath, they put on their new pajamas (princess gown and Captain America- they were SO excited about them) and we watched a little bit of TV before bed. It was such a fun day of eating and being outside with family! Thankful for the sunshine!!

Easter morning came and the kids were excited to see what the Easter bunny brought. I had to wake Adalyn up. She is normally pretty slow about getting out of the bed but on this morning she jumped right up.




Landon received the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
Y'all, this boy is crazy about the book. Like, takes it everywhere, sits in living room and examines each and every page so slowly and intently and constantly says, "Momma! Look! It's the jello!" and he will throw in the turkey, donuts with sprinkles, and the "tomato tornado" as well. It's precious. About a week or so ago, Disney had the actual movie on TV and he was glued. He kept asking for it so I was happy to have found it in the $5.00 bin at Wal-Mart.
;)



I love Little Golden Books! I still have some from when I was little and my hope is that these will stay with Adalyn until she's a mom one day and can pass them on to her babies. All of these books are exactly what she is into at this time in her life. We have been reading them like crazy since Sunday!

After church, we came home, at lunch and we all took a 2 1/2 hour nap. Our house on Sunday afternoons is always so quiet and I love it! A good nap will do the body some good!




After naps, we got ready and headed over to my mom and dads for pizza. Since our big Easter meal was the day before, it was nice to have pizza that night! We played outside and hung out with Christopher, Brandy and Hunter. We left late and the kids were already bathed and in their pajamas for the ride home.

 It was such a nice day and I need to add our Church service was outstanding as usual. The music, the sermon, everything. It took my breath away. Jesus loving me (and you) SO much that He gave his life so that we could be saved. 
He is Risen!!!!

********************************************

Love these comparison pictures!

Easter 2011-
(pregnant with Landon)

Landon's 1st Easter- 2012



Easter 2013

Easter 2014

Easter 2015

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...