Friday, April 24, 2015

Softball season has started!

Last Friday night (April 17) was Opening Ceremonies for the Fastpitch League. Thankfully, the rain held off and the ceremonies were able to take place! Adalyn was so excited to be in her uniform for the first time and to see all the other teams. Every girl was individually called and all teams stood on the field for recognition. After the ceremonies, our coach treated the girls and their families to pizza at Rafaels! We had such a fun time eating and watching all the girls and siblings play with one another. After pizza, we walked down for some Frozen Yogurt which was delicious! After our snack, we went home and put the kids to bed. Adalyn's 1st game was the next morning at 9:00!

Friday night at Opening Ceremonies

Our ball player

I have to admit, I love seeing #2 on the back of her shirt! 
Brings back tons of memories for me!!

Adalyn and Brylyn are such sweet little friends! Brylyn's mom and I played softball together for years and years so maybe these two girls will do the same thing!

Saturday morning was their very first game. Everyone did great! In the 6U divison, each team ( I believe) has 7 girls ranging from 4-6 years old. They allow each player to bat through the line up before they go back into the field, which I love! The coach pitches 3 times, and if they don't hit, they will put the tee out for them so each girl is guaranteed a hit. 
I must admit though, as precious as it is watching these sweet girls figure out this game of softball, it is also a little stressful for the adults- HA! 
When I say the coaches had to start at the very beginning with them, that means telling them where 1st, 2nd, 3rd and home plate were located, explaining to drop the bat when you hit the ball and run to first (Adalyn carried it with her on her first practice LOL), what the term "choke up" means, and "put your glove on the ground" (to catch a grounder) doesn't mean you catch the grounder, throw off your glove and then throw the ball. I'm laughing just thinking about this because that was exactly what Adalyn did at one of their practices. But if you think about it, she did exactly as she was told- hahaha!

This will be such a fun first season for all of us! I am loving this new adventure we are on, even if that means we eat supper on practice nights at 7:30...
;)

Pictures from her first game against Piggy Back Financial
It was SO cool seeing her on this field. 
I spent 4 years playing on that field and it means so much to me!



Good form baby girl!



1st time at bat



Adalyn is on short stop

Down and ready!



I snapped this one because Adalyn was playing catcher. I was the catcher up until 9th grade when they moved me to Short Stop (then 3rd the rest of my high school days) 
If Adalyn continues to love the sport and wants to play, I wonder what position she will be once in high school?! 
It's so fun to think about. 
Adalyn knows my love for this game runs deep and I do not want her to play just because I love it so much. I truly want her to have fun and enjoy the sport! (Deep down, I am praying she LOVES it though-ha!!)

Score is not kept on the scoreboard so the girls have no clue if they won or lost which again, I think is great. Soon enough they will understand it's a competition but for now, they only want to have fun
:)






A surprise for Adalyn was seeing Chloe in the stands watching her play. These two are best friends and Adalyn was beyond thrilled when she learned she was going to Chloe's for a sleep over! After her game, she went to Chloe's house and they played and played and then I met up with them and we all went to the movie theater to watch Cinderella and ate supper at Chick-fil-a afterwards. I'll post about that soon but wanted to share this picture of these two girls.
Love them!

Their 2nd game was this Monday and we learned all games will be played on Mondays and/or Thursdays. 

Welcome softball season!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...