Friday, May 8, 2015

Life lately!

Summer is almost here! The temperatures this week have been so hot but I am loving it!! We eat popsicles in the afternoon and play outside until after 6:00 or so. After supper and baths, we will go back outside to water all of our flowers. The evenings have felt so nice and refreshing- I love this time of year!  

We are keeping busy with ball practice, games, gymnastics, church and farming. We had 11 pigs born two weeks ago so we have really enjoyed holding them and watching them follow their momma around and venture out on their own. 


We had some friends visit the farm on Saturday.
The kids had a blast together!





After Adalyn's ball game on Monday, Adam decided he would go on home to start cooking supper and make lunches for the next day so I took the kids to play at the park. The weather couldn't have been any better and we had such a fun time. I love watching those two run around with excitement trying to figure out what slide to try next. We visited the creek as well and I begged them not to "fall in" since I didn't have a change of clothes for them. I'm happy to report, they obeyed and didn't "accidentally" fall in- you mommas know what I mean! 
;)

This might sound so silly to some but I have noticed these past two weeks just how much older Landon is getting/acting. The real reason I have noticed this is simply by asking to take his picture. If you have read my blog for any amount of time, you know I have declared Landon as the hardest kid in the world to take a picture of. He was just never interested in sitting and smiling. By chance that you have seen a really good picture of Adalyn and Landon together and he is looking AT the camera AND smiling at the same time, I assure you my finger was down on my shutter button for at least 20 seconds while it was clicking away. We also would bribe and dance to make him pay attention. You gotta do what ya gotta do, right?
Well, here lately, anytime I have asked for both of them to stop for a picture or if I have asked just Landon himself to smile for me, he does it. 
Just like that.
He smiles, looks straight at my camera or phone, and says, "cheese".
I never thought the day would come! 
And get this, he has even ASKED me to take his picture. He will gladly smile the biggest smile for me, too. 
Something as little as that has made me realize that my baby is growing up. In a few months he will be 4.
So hard for me to wrap my mind around!






Y'all, I turned my head for THREE seconds! 
I busted out laughing. 
So instead of making him stop, I snapped his picture.
Because, duh!
:P

Saturday evening once we left the farm we headed over to my grandparents (or my parents house- that will take some getting use to!) to see the progress of everything. It's really coming along! 
My dad took the kids on a 4-wheeler ride and you could hear Adalyn squeal with excitement the entire time. 

Sunday afternoon, Adam had an awards thing so I put the kids down for a nap and marched myself out to our trampoline and laid out and ended up dozing off. It was glorious!

So basically, we have been keeping pretty busy! Now, we are counting down the days until the beach.

Happy almost summer!

Oh, and I wanted to share just because it's hilarious.
#noticethehand
#boys
#hahahaha









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...