Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Preschool Graduation 2015

Adalyn graduated from Preschool last Thursday! This has been a day we have been discussing for weeks in our house. Adalyn kept what songs they were going to be singing a pretty good secret because she wanted it to be a surprise for us. Anytime I would try to sneak it out of her, she would smile and say,"It's got to be a surprise!"

On Tuesday when I dropped the kids off at school, I immediately noticed the walls were SO bare when we walked in. That instant right there just about took my breath away! Silly, I know, but it really hit me that this was their last week, and most importantly, Adalyn's last week of preschool ever. Their classrooms were empty. Pictures off the walls, papers already in their cubbies ready to go home with all the students
Once I dropped them off with Lynn, I cried all the way down the hallway and back to my car. That really is not like me! I surprised myself for crying about something as little as bare walls but I'm telling you, it hit me hard! I am just SO excited for Adalyn. As a parent, it amazes you to watch your child grow and develop in their own little ways. When they are babies, you can't wait for them to laugh at you, hold their own bottle, sit up, crawl, walk, get rid of the pacy, take milk from a sippy cup, and be 100% potty trained. All of these are milestones that every single parent waits so patiently for. Starting Kindergarten is a huge  milestone for a child! You teach your child daily for 5 years how to talk, you teach them their colors, shapes, and letter sounds. And then the time finally comes to send them off into the hands of a teacher all day long. It's just so so exciting and she is thrilled about starting. Kindergarten is a daily conversation in our house and I am so thankful for her enthusiasm!

I am thrilled Landon gets to return back to our church preschool in August. There is nothing like having your child in a Godly envirnoment learning from Godly people.
I snapped some "last day of school" photos of the kids before we left the house Thursday morning.










Graduation started at 11:00 and both grandparents were able to come watch, too!

The 2 year old and 3 year old class sang a few songs before the graduation actually started. 
We were in the front row and once Landon realized we were in the front row, he got SO excited and kept waving and smiling at all of us. It was adorable!

This is Max. He was the mascot in the PreK class this year. Each student was able to take Max home from a Thursday- Tuesday to take care of him.
We had a lot of fun with Max when we had him with us!

Self portraits of the graduates
:)

I love the mouth full of teeth Adalyn gave herself-ha!


Landon's class

I love this little guy!




See how excited he was? 










The graduates!


Mrs. Libby asked each student what they learned while at preschool and Adalyn's response was, " I learned about God and Jesus".
Be still my heart! 


Our little graduate!









Ms. Lynn has watched Adalyn since she was 3 months old. We love her more than words can say and I will forever be thankful for the love and care she gives Adalyn and Landon on a day to day basis!

They served pizza, cupcakes and drinks to everyone after the graduation ceremony. It was a great lunch!

Landon and Judson and connected at the hip. The love they have for one another is so so sweet. I absolutely love watching these two together!

Hard to believe Adalyn will be making her way to Kindergarten in a few short months.

I love comparison pictures.
Such a good way to track their growth! 
Her hair has grown so much and she is losing that baby face.
Far left is the first day of preschool in August 2013- 3 1/2 years old
Middle- First day in August 2014
Last- Last day of Preschool May 2015

For fun, this was her last day of school last May!
What a difference a year makes!

Landon started preschool in January. 
Even though it has just been 5 1/2 months, he has changed SO much! 

These pictures will always be so special to me!

Here's to a fun summer and an exciting start to a new school year in August!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...