Friday, April 17, 2015

Kindergarten Registration

Last week we registered Adalyn for Kindergarten!

Kindergarten.

So incredibly hard to believe. Though it's hard to swallow, it didn't take me by surprise. We have been talking about Kindergarten for months now. Her eyes light up when we start talking about school and what her day to day will look like. Adam and I have answered all the questions she has with enthusiasm and it just makes her that much more excited. Lately, on a daily basis she will say, "Who's excited that I'm going to Kindergarten?!" but better yet, she will also throw in, "Momma, Daddy, will you cry when I go?"
That is a hard one to answer because more than likely, I will shed a few tears. 
Happy tears of course, but tears nonetheless. 


I can't help but to think back to the day she was born. These 5 years have gone by so quickly! From changing her diaper to now quizzing her daily on her numbers, letter sounds, address and phone number. 
Adalyn is eager, adventurous, brave, confident, kind and sensitive to others. At times can be a little bashful but she is the perfect mix of everything that is good.  

I'm going to try to remind myself not to rush these days and months ahead. I will savor each day, savor each kiss she delivers, each hug she gives, color with her, play kitchen with her, and jump on the trampoline with her. Because in a blink of an eye, she will be an elementary school student.
No matter how fast these days go, no matter how tired I am, I will hold them in my heart forever and ever. 

I am so excited for this new journey! 
It will be a big adjustment in our day to day life, but one we are all excited to bring on.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...