Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Easter 2016

Easter came super early this year and fell on March 27! Surprisingly, the weather wasn't too cold which is great considering everyone likes to pull out the sleeveless dresses and sandals for Easter Sunday. It was pretty cloudy and only sprinkled for just a little bit that afternoon. After church, we headed to my mom and dad's for a big, Easter lunch! We decided to change the menu up this year and grill hamburgers and hot-dogs instead of having the typical ham, macaroni and cheese and green beans. I love me a good cheeseburger so this was right up my alley! My uncle Stephen, Aunt Erin and Casey and Autumn arrived just shortly after we did and we got busy getting things ready. With all the trimmings that's typical with a grilled burger or hot-dog, my mom made me some deviled eggs because she knows I LOVE them! So thank you momma! 
Everyone ate and hung around and relaxed. HGTV had Fixer Upper re-runs on so we watched that while the kids played around. Later that afternoon, we hid eggs for the egg hunt! Adalyn and Landon enjoyed racing each other to see who could come up with the most eggs. Thankfully, their baskets ended up being pretty even. Whew. You momma's feel me! haha

Adalyn LOVES Little House on the Prairie. So the Easter bunny thought it might be a good idea to include a season of the show in her basket. ;)
It was one of my favorite shows growing up so I am glad Adalyn is getting to experience it, too! And plus, Nellie Olson gives me a lot of chances to talk about "how not to act". ha! 
Nancy has gotten her almost the whole collection of the books and we literally read them daily!


A few pictures before Church










Landon got a little too still sitting with Erin and dozed off for about 20 minutes or so. 
Look at that hand!

Finally, it was time to hunt Easter eggs!













After this, everyone started packing up to leave. I cut Adam's hair first and then we packed up the car. It was around 7:30 by this time and we were hitting the road to start our Spring Break week! 
We were going to visit Christopher and Brandy and thought we would split up the drive by stopping in Valdosta and then finishing up the rest of the trip the following day (Monday). We put the kids in their pajamas, put The Good Dinosaur in the DVD player, and off we went! 

We had a great, relaxing Easter!
As fun as hunting eggs can be, it is so important to reflect on what Easter really means and what Jesus did for you and me. I'm so thankful for that sacrifice- nothing else really matters!

I wasn't blogging in 2010 for Adalyn's 1st Easter





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...