Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A little of everything!

I am making myself blog tonight! The past few nights Adam and I have been in bed by 9:00 or so. We have never really been the type to stay up late anyway and being in bed early is just SO nice. We make sure the house, dishes, etc is cleaned up so once the kids are in bed, we can do nothing but relax. Which means watch tv, eat a snack, go to bed. So this past Friday morning I ended up having to wake Landon up. It was 7:00 and I have to leave the house by 7:15 to head to work. So I needed to nurse him so I could head out. I spoke to Lynn later on in the day and not only did he sleep in until 7, he took two 2 hour naps that day! I think he is hitting a major growth spurt. Saturday Adam and the kids loaded up and headed to Pelham while I went to Hillsboro to sew. Adalyn was actually able to pet a pig that day. She told me, "I petted him on his bottom!" Then imagine a girly laugh after she told me that. She only napped 30 minutes that day so by the time we all got home, I started cooking supper and I look in the living room and she's passed out in the recliner. We let her nap for a bit in hopes she wouldn't be moody the rest of the evening. She had been fine but we still had about 3 or so hours until bed time so we figured snoozin for a bit wouldn't hurt her. After dinner, all all went on our nightly walk, came back and did baths, books, then bed. Sunday morning came and we got ready for church. It was a new Sunday School year for us so that means Adalyn AND Landon moved up to their new class! It's crazy to me when I think back to when Adalyn was a "bed baby" in the nursery. She and Landon both were just 6 weeks old when we left them for the first time in the nursery and now Adalyn is in the 3 year old class and Landon I believe is in the 12-18 month class since he is so mobile now. After church, we put the kids down for their naps and Adam and I relaxed in the living room. Got to love peace and quiet on a Sunday afternoon! After naps, we played, cooked supper, then headed back to church. We had a busy weekend as usual, but it was so nice! I miss not being able to play with them during the day since I'm back at work so afternoons when we get home are non-stop play, play, play! Here are a few pictures I have taken recently Isn't she the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?!
Adam and Adalyn before church
Landon loved meatloaf!
My kids will be bigger than me by the time they are in Kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...