Tuesday, August 21, 2012

It's weaning time!

I seriously thought this time would never come. I have been nursing Landon for almost a year now. He will be 1 in a few short weeks so the past couple of weeks I have been slowly weaning so my girls wont be in so much pain if I were to stop cold turkey. I did the same with Adalyn and it worked wonderfully. I started by not pumping as long at work and then I cut out a session completely. Since I have done this gradually, my body is accepting it pretty well. Last week we started to add whole milk to Landon's bottles. We started by doing 1 oz to the rest breast milk but yesterday added 2 oz to the rest my milk. We again did the same with Adalyn and by gradually doing it, she never noticed the difference once we gave her a bottle just of whole milk. We are wanting Landon off his bottle and on whole milk around 1. Adalyn was 14 months before she finally would take milk out of her sippy cup so we are hoping Landon does the complete opposite with it and take it with no problems. I can almost bet we spent over $30 in sippy cups just trying to find the right one for Adalyn. He chugs his water so im hoping the transition will be a breeze! Aside from that, Landon is just about a human garbage disposal. Which I have to say, I am so thankful for! Adalyn is a picky eater and I think we were "too" careful about certain types of food we gave her due to choking possibilities, etc. (Got to love being a first time mom! lol) So in addition to Landon's baby food, he gets bites of anything and everything we eat. Meatloaf, biscuits, chicken, Sausage and cream cheese croissant, corn casserole, beans, peanut butter toast, cheese, spaghetti, fries, and on and on. I have a feeling as he gets older, our grocery budget will have to increase to keep up with his eating. From what I have been told, when Adam was younger, he could eat everything in sight and still be hungry. Adalyn is Adalyn. :) She makes me light up everyday with her personality and crazy things she comes up with to say. She gets so excited when I get home in the afternoons. Yesterday, in her best singing voice, she made up a song... " I Love my Mom! I Love my Dad!" and she sang it over and over again all while giving me hugs and kisses. It was precious. She is the smartest little thing and for a 2 1/2 year old, has the best manners. We have taught, reminded, and explained about being polite and what to say, etc and it has paid off. Without thinking she automatically says, "May I please..." or Thank you" etc by herself. Her hair is getting longer and curlier! I try to pull her hair back in a pony tail or pig tails before I leave for work and by the time I get home, her hair is down and is a wild, curly, frizzy mess! I love, love, love her sweet curls but I bet as she gets older, she won't like it. I never liked my curly hair and most days I still don't. Landon is at a very fun and active stage and Adalyn loves it. She tries picks him up and carries him to where she wants him to go, they play so well together, and I can't wait for Landon to walk to he can keep up with her. He has been taking steps for about 2 weeks now. It's usually about 2 steps, and then he plops down and crawls. Yesterday afternoon Adam called me before I left work and said he took 4 steps! So we are getting closer to him walking! Adalyn always tries to grab his hands and make him walk with her and she doesn't quite understand why he isn't doing what she tells him to. Her new thing with Landon is "petting him". In the sweetest, quietest voice, she asks, "Can I pet the little fella?" and Ohhhh yeah! I almost forgot. Landon says DA DA all day long. I mean allll day and very loud. Adalyn actually said "ma ma" first so I loved that. I have been telling Landon to say "ma ma" for the longest time and Sunday afternoon while we were at Brian and Logan's house, he said "Ma Ma!" I was talking and almost didn't hear him until Adam got my attention. He was in his stroller and I had stopped and I guess he wasn't ready for his ride to end so " Ma ma ma ma" he said! Score! I was so happy. It is such a great feeling when they say your name on purpose and for a reason. He said it yesterday afternoon, too. So that's another word added to his vocabulary... da da, ba ba, ma ma. We have been talking about Landon's birthday lately and Adalyn is getting excited for hers, too. Which is a few months away but she says, "Landon's birthday first, then mine is next! Ill be this many (holding up 3 fingers) in November!" A new thing Adalyn loves to do is run around our dining room table. She finds this to be hilarious so as we are running around the table, Landon is crawling around as fast as he can, too. It's quite a work out and we all get a good laugh from it. Mom is watching the kids today. She sent me a picture of Adalyn in her baby doll stroller with Landon attempting to push her then another picture of them on the deck having a picnic for lunch. I tried to get them off my phone but for whatever reason my smartphone isn't being so smart today so I'm sad to say I don't have any pictures to post. Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...