Friday, August 17, 2012

Me!

I am going to do something a little different with this post! I normally blog about our kids and what we have been busy doing, but it has occurred to me that a lot of my readers know more about my kids than they do me! So, I thought I would take some time to fill everyone in (who doesn't know me) on the person who is behind writing these blog entries from time to time. My name is Hollyn Donielle. The Donielle comes from my dad, Donny. My birthday is March 23, 1987 so that makes me 25. My favorite color is yellow and my favorite TV show is Grey's Anatomy. I literally sat in my living room floor and cried at the last episode this past season. Adam and I started dating when I was 14. We got married June 2, 2007. We "picked" that date when we were dating in high school. His football number was 6 (June is the 6th month in the year) and 2 was my softball number. Corny I know. We never thought it would actually work out but it did! and I love the fact that it did. I love to clean. I'm the type of person that picks up toys multiple times throughout the day instead of waiting until the end of the night. I make our bed everyday. If our bed isn't made up, I feel like my whole room is messy. When I put the toilet paper on the holder, it has to roll off from the top, not being pulled from the bottom. It's just one of those things I guess. I do no eat cake. I just don't really care for it. When I was little, my grandmother would fix me a plain miracle whip sandwich. Oh me was it yummy. I absolutely love the smell of miracle whip. I don't eat it much since it's obviously not good for you, but anytime I find myself wanting a bologna sandwich, you better believe miracle whip is smothered on there. We don't eat out much, but anytime I crave a cheeseburger, Sonic is where I go. There is just something about going to Sonic on a hot, summer day, and getting a large drink and something to eat that will just about make my day. When I was 16, I had 7 stitches in my lip thanks to a fender bender. I have never broken a bone. I absolutely do not like basketball and soccer. I don't understand them so therefore I don't care much for the sport. My luck, Adalyn will love basketball so I guess I better start learning the rules. I had braces from 4th grade - 7th grade. So therefore I despise going to the dentist. I absolutely love everything about the beach. I could seriously lay out and bake all day without moving. It has killed me that we didn't make a trip to the ocean this year but our beach vacation is already booked for next June! Wahoo! Can't wait. I graduated Mortuary college December 2006. I spent 4 years in the funeral business embalming and funeral directing. I decided to take some time off once I became pregnant with Landon. Having a family life while working in the funeral industry is almost non existent. Adam and I bought our 1st house in April 2011. Adalyn's name is a combination of mine and Adam's name. Her middle name, May, comes from my Grandmother's middle name. We have always liked the name Landon and his middle name, Riley, comes from Adam's grandfather's middle name. We aren't having any more children. We have been blessed with a girl and a boy and feel we are complete. I love movies but don't watch them much anymore. Seems like we don't have much time nowadays! I could watch The Sound of Music or Titanic at any point during my day. They never get old to me. I love thunderstorms. I love airports. I would rather fly than take a road trip. Traveling for hours in a car is not appealing to me. At all. I am a people watcher, that is one reason why I LOVE being at a airport. I do not like snakes. They freak me out watching them slither away. I love pretty much all forms of pasta.I drink water all day long. I have always loved milk, but while I was pregnant with Landon, I CRAVED it. I mean like 4-5 glasses a day. 90% of the time, Adam and I will have a nightly snack which always includes a glass of milk. (and normally a pop tart. Bad I know!) I am not a breakfast person. I eat peanut butter toast every morning. I do not like donuts. I hate canned biscuits. Depending on my mood I MIGHT have a bite of Adam's biscuit, if it's from Hardee's. I am not artsy or creative so it really blows my mind that I am able to monogram and do appliques. I only watch NewsChannel 5. News 2 and 4 seem so backwards to me. I keep my toe nails painted all the time. Makes your feet look a little cuter by doing that I think! Pizza Hut pizza is by far better than Papa John's. I dip my rolls from O'Charley's in Ranch. I guess I shouldn't say dip, I should say smother. I also dip my pizza in ranch. We think Adalyn is allergic to some of the spices in Ranch because every time she eats it, her mouth gets red and splotchy. She loves it though. My favorite TV commercials are the two Sonic guys. They are hilarious. I could spend all day in Hobby Lobby. As a kid, I hated going in that store with my mom. Now I couldn't imagine making a trip to Murfreesboro and not going. I LOVE old shows from back in my day that I grew up watching. The Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy, The Jetson's, Clarissa Explain's It All, Saved by the Bell, Boy Meets World, 7th Heaven, Full House, I could go on. I miss good shows like that! I do not like McDonald's and honestly couldn't tell you the last time I have been there. Adalyn has no clue what it is either. I like the smell of fresh, cut grass. Love chocolate milk shakes. Our favorite place to shop for Adalyn's clothes is Target. They have some of the cutest things! I use to have my cartilage pierced. I am not a runner. Never have been. I would rather do a serious workout than go for a run. I don't care much for cats. We don't have any pets unless you count 30 head of cattle and 6 pigs! I am a Christian. Adam is a deacon at our Church and I am so very proud of him. We go by Dave Ramsey a lot when it comes to our finances and I can happily say we are completely debt free!! Ahh, I cannot even begin to describe how that feels by typing it. It truly is an amazing feeling and a huge accomplishment. Most of you know me and my quirks, habits, likes and dislikes, but I also know the majority of my blog readers probably don't know a thing about me! So, here is just a tiny bit of information about yours truly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...