Friday, September 7, 2012

A few of my favorite things!

I have had a lot of people ask me what I like "best" when it comes to baby items. So, as the song goes, "These are a few of my favorite things!" Everyone compliments on my babies smelling so good all the time and ask what I use. Baby Magic! I don't like the smell of other baby lotions and this brand is so yummy smelling I lather my kids with it daily. Most lotion scents don't last all day but Baby Magic lasts until their next bath time. No joke. Love, love, love that stuff.
And you can't forget the baby wash, too!
It's amazing. You should try it. You won't be disappointed. My mom introduced the lotion to me when Adalyn was born and said she used it on me when I was a baby. I now won't buy anything else! Also, when Landon was a newborn, we used these swaddling blankets.
Pricey, but WELL worth it if you swaddle your baby. Swaddling doesn't work for everyone but it did for both of our kids. Until of course they got too big for it. These blankets are made of thin, breathable material which is an added bonus! Another thing I used when both of my kids were babies was this
(this is obviously not one of my kids) The Boppy newborn lounger. It was so nice to plop them down on that (instead of the floor) when you needed to get other things done. The center is lower and fits baby's body perfectly! Also, a Moby wrap comes in really handy! I was able to use it with Adalyn, but unfortunately Landon wanted nothing to do with it. Which was a bummer since it would have made things SO much easier for me since I had a toddler to chase around. Oh, we have a wipe warmer.
We have never actually used it as a warmer, just a container for wipes. Since we leave them on top of the dresser by the changing pad, it looks a lot better than those plastic ones with Pampers or Huggies stamped all over it. And last by not least, the traditional Boppy pillow.
I used this thing for 2 years! (1 with Adalyn, 1 with Landon) It holds up so well and has stayed in perfect shape. I just bought new boyish slipcovers since pink wouldn't be an option. I used it every single nursing session plus, in the first few months, propped them up in it and it also helped with tummy time until they were OK and not freaking out to be laying flat on their belly on the floor. I just loved it! But, I do have to tell you how HAPPY I am that that thing is now in my attic! I don't have to worry with taking it anywhere or it laying on our couches or beds. Ahh, I enjoy packing things up and seeing my house come to back to "normal" instead of Baby Land! So, I'm sure all moms have most of these items but people ask me all the time what I like best so I wanted to share my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...