Wednesday, September 12, 2012

In 12 months I have learned...

That 12 months go by in a blink of an eye. That I don't care much for the newborn stage. Babies are more fun when they can smile at you, respond to you, crawl to you, and lift up their arms for you. That I know my child better than any book, online source, or doctor. That I'm SO glad I have taken a billion pictures of Landon. That I am so glad I had my kids so close in age. At first, I was NOT fond of the idea, but watching them play together, laugh at each other, and hug and kiss one another, has made everything worth it. That you can never hold a baby too much. To play more and to worry less. To not let a crying baby in a store annoy you because it could easily be yours acting out. And that has happened to me before. That I have never been so excited in my life to see someone clap, crawl, or walk. That taking a shower in peace is worth a million dollars. That you don't mess with a nap schedule or just go ahead and prepare yourself for a cranky baby. That tiny, white baby teeth are so adorable when they smile. That bath time is Landon's favorite. He squeals with excitement every time I ask him if he wants to take a bath. The fact that Landon feeds himself now. No more baby food for him! That every bone in your body will pop as SOON as you lay them down for a nap. and then you hope it doesn't wake them so you crawl out of their room. I've learned that you do what works and never say never. That it IS possible to love your second child just as much as you do your first. That sleeping until 6:30 is considered sleeping in. That a sign language video will keep him (and Adalyn) occupied for 35 minutes while I cook supper. That I still learn something new about being a mom on a daily basis... and that I have a lot more to learn. Even though I have a 2 1/2 year old, I have still learned so much in Landon's 12 months. I was more prepared for what was to come throughout his newborn and infant stage since he is my second child, but I have also continued to learn and to accept new things, and to witness first hand how DIFFERENT your own two babies can be. What a fun, busy 12 months we have had! So thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...