Monday, September 24, 2012

Coffee County Fair

Adam and I love the fair. We were looking forward to taking the kids this year! Adalyn is at the best age right now and I knew she would have a blast! Last year when the fair came around, I had just given birth to Landon so a tiny part of me was bummed that I wasn't going to be able to go and enjoy the animals, eat the greasy food, and watch Adalyn's facial expressions on the rides. Adam took her during the week, then on Saturday, when Landon was 8 days old, I decided to couldn't take it anymore and was going to join Adam, Adalyn and the rest of his family. My mom came over to watch Landon and off we went! I felt great. It's amazing the way you feel after you have your second. Anyway, we walked around, looked at the animals, rode rides, and ate. I ended up leaving before every one else did so I could get back to Landon. I was wore out by the end of the night and I knew I wouldn't be able to rest having an 8 day old baby at home waiting on me. So this year was a lot of fun!! Landon was on his best behavior for the majority of the night, then turned into a pill towards the end. Sheesh. We went on Wednesday evening and the weather was perfect. Our first stop was the barn. Not a big surprise, huh? :) The barn was full of cows that evening so Adalyn was in heaven. She got to pet some and she was just so excited. Landon sat back in his stroller and took everything in.
Landon pointing and grunting at a cow
Our little farmer
They both wanted to pet the pigs. Only Adalyn was successful at doing so.
Adalyn then rode a pony! She wanted nothing to do with them last year. But this year was a different story!
We then rode some rides. She specifically told me on this ride, "Momma, you don't have to hold me. I can do it."
Landon rode, too! He was in total amazement the entire time.
She was so excited
The cars were next...
Then the slide! She liked this one so much, she went twice.
I'm sure he is picking something up that he probably shouldn't have...
and the last ride for the night...
She rode the Ferris wheel last year with Adam so I was glad I was able to ride with her this year! The kids had a great time. Landon was over it towards the end. He was hungry and tired and ready to go. We went back Saturday evening with Adam's family and had another great night! I didn't take my camera (shocking I know) but will post pictures when I get them from Sherrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...