Thursday, June 5, 2014

New job, VBS, frogs, farming, and Anniversary- a little of everything!

I am so glad to be able to announce to the world that Adam is now a principal! I honestly could not be more proud of him and all of his hard work. He spent 5 years teaching Math at the high school, 1 year as Assistant Principal/Instructional Coordinator, and now entering his 7th year into his career, a principal. Being that I am biased, I don't think there was anyone better for the job! I know he will do wonderful in his new position and I am even more excited that once our kids are school aged, Adam will get to peek in on them in their classrooms whenever he wants. I am just so excited for him!

In other news, the kids have been attending VBS this week and they are having a blast! I hate I'm not able to volunteer this year like I have in the past. The last time I helped, Adalyn was 2.5 years old and Landon was 8 months old and still nursing so I had to leave during part of  the morning activities for my class and feed him just so I didn't have to bring my pump with me. It was such a hassle. Some days Adalyn would throw a fit because she was not ready to leave so that made getting them loaded up even more stressful. lol Now, at 4.5 and 2.5 years old, I'm sure it is MUCH easier on Adam! He is doing recreation and they are eating lunch in the fellowship hall everyday afterwards so that helps a ton to not have to come home and fix them lunch as that can be hectic all in itself. (Landon told me yesterday that he ate a "corn bob", aka- "corn dog". haha!) He sent Landon in underwear yesterday and he is doing SO well! We got a box of diapers about 2 weeks ago and have maybe used 10-12? It comes with 4 sleeves of diapers to a box and I always put the first sleeve in his tote that I keep in his dresser and we have barely used any of those. I threw away a diaper last night when I put him in the bathtub because it had been re-used so many times it was starting to tear and get all raggedy. I would much rather throw a diaper away that is clean and dry than one that isn't! Depending on the situation depends whether or not we put a diaper on him or underwear. He is keeping his diapers dry when we put one on him so that is why when we take it off, we just reuse it until it starts looking like it did last night. 

Today is Thursday, June 5 and I am still battling a sinus infection. Although I am finally starting to get better, it has been the longest and worst sinus infection I have ever had. It started out with strep throat and then turned into coughing, sneezing, and a snotty nose for 2 weeks now. Nothing feels worse than feeling like your face is swollen and you can't breathe! Last Friday I went to my doctor and got a "snot shot" as I have heard them called before. I had never had one but was desperate. After 30 minutes of getting the shot, I could breathe! Oh, it helped so much. I was beyond miserable by that point. 

Adam came across a frog the other day while he was mowing. Landon is ALL ABOUT bugs right now (basically anything that hops, crawls, or walks) so when he saw a frog, he was more than ready to get ahold of that thing. Adalyn on the other hand squealed at first, then finally held it.


Speaking of bugs, Adam and I went shopping last weekend. We had already checked out at Carter's and as we were walking to the door, we came across this bug shirt.
This was perfect for him so we grabbed it, too. When he saw it, he would not let it out of his sight. That is why I had to take a picture of him checking it out. He was telling me the he had ants, spiders, beetles, etc on his shirt and was telling me not to touch them that they could bite. 
:)

Monday, June 2, Adam and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary!
Instead of going out of town to stay somewhere, we really just wanted to be at home for the weekend. (Next summer though we have already decided on a tropical getaway!!!) So grandparents came to the rescue and kept our kids from Friday night until Monday morning before VBS! We had a busy weekend since we had our yard sale Saturday morning, but it was so nice to be able to spend one on one time with each other for a few days!

Before I got sick a few weeks ago, I helped Adam bale hay. (I think this is what stirred up my sickness!) Anyway, I thought I would be going to the farm to help watch the kids while we were all outside, but some how, I unloaded over 100 square bales by myself that afternoon. 

Adam felt the need to take my picture.. don't you just love my ensemble?! ha!

He took some of Adalyn hopping from bale to bale. Landon played on a tractor the majority of the time.

After we were done, I was exhausted. Adalyn and I caught a ride back to the field to bale some more hay. I set the next 100+ square bales out though. lol I had done my dues so Nancy and I sat in the yard while Adalyn played in the water hose and while Landon rode on the tractor. 







Oh.That.Face.
I can kiss those cheeks all day long.

My view from the yard. Love it!

So basically this post was random and all over the place, but I needed to get some pictures on here and update family and friends on what's going on! 

Happy Thursday!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...