Thursday, June 12, 2014

Summer

Our summer has been in full force for a few weeks now! I am off every Friday which is awesome since Adam is home all summer, too. The kids have been kept occupied by going to the farm, attending VBS, swimming, visiting family out of town, Church, and playing outside every single day (even in the rain!). By the time I get home in the afternoons, they are already outside running around playing. So I change clothes and head out with them. Since it is summer, Adam and I have been a little relaxed on our evening routines. During the school year, we normally eat dinner around 5:30-6:00 or so but we have noticed lately that we are staying outside until 6:00 or after because it has been so so nice! So that means dinner is a little later and by that time, we are all starving. We get them in bed no later than 8:15 or 8:30 since we are staying outside for so long as opposed to 8:00 though.
Adalyn and Landon ride their gator and tractor all over the yard and they also love to play in the water hose so the other day, we bought some sponges and filled up their sand buckets and let them play until their little hearts were content.
Adalyn played in the water for at least an hour but Landon opted out of playing in the water at first so he could mow grass with Adam. I grabbed my camera and took some pictures of them. In the past, anytime the water hose gets brought out for them to play in, it ends up with one of them either crying or fussing about something which is annoying. So I specifically told them first thing the first time I hear them arguing, the water gets turned off. haha. My little speech worked because they played nicely with each other. ;)



















I decided it would be a lot easier if we would just buy a sprinkler for them to run through. lol So I'm sure that will come soon.

On potty training news, Landon is now going to the bathroom whenever he needs to go without even telling us. I discovered that the other day when Adalyn and Landon were playing and I knew they were both in the playroom when all of a sudden I saw Landon high tail it down the hallway and heard him flick on the bathroom light. So I was curious and I went to see what he was up to. To my surprise, he already lifted the toilet seat up and has his pants down ready to do his business-HAHA! Since then, he has done that numerous times and even last night I watched him walk in the bathroom and he informed me that he needed poop. lol He is getting so big and independent I'm not sure what to do or think about that! We cancelled our monthly diaper delivery and took off his diaper changing pad from his dresser so doing those two things just really reminds me that he is almost there!

He will not like me one day for doing this, but I snapped this picture when he wasn't aware I was watching him. hahaha!

Playing in the gym at Church Sunday night

He LOVES tractor magazines.
He gets so quiet and totally tunes in to these magazines. 

Funny kid

Adalyn wrote her ABC's the other night. She is doing so so well!

For the rest of the summer we will be going on vacations, swimming, and playing outside!
 I love love love summer time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...