Tuesday, June 3, 2014

1st swim of the summer!

Last Sunday, May 25, we headed over to my mom and dad's to take the kids swimming. This was day 2 of having strep throat for me so I parked myself in a lounge chair and soaked up the sun! The water was still a little chilly but it didn't phase Adalyn and Landon. 



She doesn't look 4 years old to me! Growing up right before my eyes.



Landon is following in Adalyn's footsteps and is a little fish in the water, too. He will jump in and swim to the steps and get out by himself and then start the process all over again. He did this for at least 2 hours that day. Of course with our supervision, Adalyn no longer needs her floaties to swim. She jumps in and will swim to the steps or to the side of the pool by herself. She will dive down to the bottom and pick up pool toys and swim back to the stairs. It's amazing to watch her go!


Since Landon is potty training he also understands to not pee in the pool. We still put a swim diaper on him but he told me 3 times while they were swimming that he needed to pee and 1 time that he needed to poop. We are seriously making lots of progress with him! 


The cutest little 2 year old I know!

After a while of swimming, we made them sit for a few minutes and drink a Capri Sun.

We let them miss naps on this afternoon so we put them to bed a little before 8 that night. 
We are so glad summer is officially here! The kids were at my parents this weekend and mom kept sending me pictures and videos of the kids swimming. They entertain each other and they have so much fun!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...