Friday, August 26, 2011

36 weeks and 4 days and I

fall... hard. When i got home yesterday from sewing and picking Adalyn up from Jerry and Nancy's, we decided we were going to wash my car. Adalyn's favorite "toy" when we are outside is the darn water hose. She says "toes" OVER and over again because we always wash off our feet. She now knows how to squeeze the handle. She drenched Adam first and then looked right at me and started laughing. I knew what she was about to do. So I turn and took one step and busted it right in our garage. Anytime our garage floor gets wet its becomes an ice rink for whatever reason. I had flip flops on and I could feel both feet coming out from under me. I swear it was in slow motion. All I could think of was to land on my arm. Thankfully, I did. My elbow to be exact. I told Adam that my poor elbow sure did take a beating because of all the weight that landed on it. haha. As soon as I hit, I started to get up and I didnt know if I should cry or laugh. I felt like doing a little of both. I sit down and of course all I have on my mind is feeling Landon move. After about 10 minutes, I feel him beating on my stomach again so I was relieved. I was going to stay outside and atleast watch Adam and Adalyn wash my car (and yes, I was planning on helping before I busted my butt)but was just getting weak and light headed so I finally went inside to lay down. My elbow is bruised and my arm is sore, but other than that, I am great! Thank the Lord is all I have to say. Aside from all of that, I do believe Adalyn is starting to give us a dose of the terrible twos. The past few days she has not wanted to eat and will throw her food, bowl, whatever and cry and scream. agh! talk about fraustrating. About 3 weeks ago I noticed her 2 year old molars had already broken the gums. I was so shocked by seeing that b/c she had not acted like they even bothered her. As soon as these come all the way thru, she will have all of her teeth. I have noticed lately that they are really coming thru more and more so Im wondering if her not wanting to eat has something to do with those teeth? All she basically says she wants is milk. So whatever. Any of you moms who may have some advice, please pass it on. She has been waking up around 7 AM for the past week or so( it was normally 6-6:30), so her naps have been after lunch. Well today, she slept for 3.5 hours! I put her in our bed so i could lay down with her (i must get all my naps in now while I can!) and I woke up 2 hours later. I just couldnt lay there anymore b/c of my old woman hips so I got up. When Adam got home, he even crawled into bed with her and she still slept for another 35-40 minutes. If only she would do that once her brother gets here. HA ha is all I have to say about that! I'll leave you with a picture from today. Playing inside the huge box the glider came in for Landon's room while watching Elmo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...