Saturday, August 20, 2011

Adalyn

Getting everyone up to date with our fun, energetic, loving 21 month old! WOW is she BUSY! She goes about 100 mph all day long. Talk about wearing her mama out! ha. She is such a great sleeper. She is in bed by 7-7:30 and wakes up around 6:30 but then plays in her bed until we come get her. We leave books and babies to entertain her when she wakes up so Adam and I can lay in bed as long as possible. She takes a morning nap anywhere from 1 hour to 2.5 hours. Whenever I am home with her, you better believe I nap with her! I figure I need to take advantage of it b/c in 4 weeks (or less!) I highly doubt I'll be able to do that once her baby brother gets here! I pray for the energy I will need to give both my babies exactly what they need! Adalyn is so into cows, elmo, and Mickey. All she talks about are Cows and the fact that their poo-poo is BBBIIIGGG as she says. It's adorable. Elmo and mickey are her favorite to watch. We have DVD's of both and lately she will sit still for just a little bit to watch it! All she wants to do is be outside. Even if the heat index is 110, it doesnt bother her but man does it bother me! but, i suck it up and take her out. for a little bit anyways. Her little cheeks turn so red and her hair gets so curly from sweating. She loves playing with the water hose. She says "toes" over and over again until we turn it on for her. She usually ends up in her diaper b/c she drenches herself first thing. We call her a little parrot. She REPEATS every single thing we say! haha. It is the cutest thing hearing her talk like we do. We have taught her to say yes/no mam, yes/no sir. She would say it when we would tell her to, now, she says it after everything! lol. How awesome is that?! She loves dogs and often tries to be one. She will come into the kitchen, get on all fours, and crawl to us with her tongue sticking out and panting just like a dog does. her favorite color right now is brown. Yes, brown. I have no clue why but everything is brown. Every shirt she wears is brown and she only wants the brown "pop-cules" (popcicles).As i was feeding her a popcicle the other day, we were looking at each others tongues since they were red and i discovered her 2 year molars have already cut the gums! So all 4 have poked through- thank goodness! I had no idea it had even happened. I guess I just havent checked. She got her K-9's about a month and a half ago and those were hard on her. It took about 2 weeks for them to come down and during those 2 weeks, she was a little pistol! So far, she has been doing really good with the molars coming in. Keeping my fingers crossed! She has moved up to the Elephant room at church. She isn't a Turtle anymore! Which makes me sa- she has been in that Sunday School class since she was 9 months old I believe! It's just another reminder that I almost have a 2 year old. I have already been planning her birthday part in my mind. I figured I needed to get ideas before Landon gets here! My mind is somewhat clear right now- im sure it will be a little fuzzy for the 1st few weeks Landon is home. Another favorite for Adalyn is swimming. Oh my does this girl love the water. We swim a lot at my parents and all she wears are arm floaties. I think the age requirement is like 3 and up but they fit her perfect and she can just kick herself around the pool. She also will jump in by herself. You dont even have to be there to catch her (which is bad!) b/c she will just run and jump. It's so funny and Im glad she is not scared of the water, but then again I want her to be a LITTLE scared just so she wont try and do something without her floaties on. Even on the boat when we are on the lake, she just runs and jumps and comes up laughing! She definitely knows how to make us smile. We are so thankful for our sweet Adalyn. We love you!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...