Friday, April 20, 2012

Potty Training

Who knew potty training would be such a LONG process?! Adalyn peed in the potty for the very first time last April when she was 17 months old. She did it twice, which was probably by pure accident, but nonetheless, she did it. After she did it for thevery first time, it wasnt until months later she became interested in it again. Since about November, she has really done a great job. The past few months she consistently uses the potty atleast twice a day, if not more. BUT, the past 3 days, she has peed and pooped in the potty all day long! I have barely had to change her diaper which means we keep putting the same dry diaper back on each time. (which is wonderful!) I end up finally throwing it away b/c it becomes so dingy. She woke up Wednesday morning with a dry diaper (she has done that 1 other time) and has woken up from 2 naps with a dry diaper. I have panties on her most of the morning until we head outside to play then Ill put a diaper back on her. She gets M&M's everytime she goes, but she has gone so much I am now giving out cookies and popcicles. Our M&M bag is almost empty! I hope this is the start of serious potty training where she doesn't decide to back track. As happy as I am that she is using the potty, she always decides to poop when I sit down to nurse Landon. Really Adalyn? Couldn't you have done that during the 3 hour span I have when I don't have to feed your brother? At one point today she thought she needed to go so we run to the bathroom, she sits (and sits...) and then informs me that "She will try tomorrow". haha. Oh that girl! So at 2 1/2, she is on her way (I HOPE) to being potty trained!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...