Saturday, April 14, 2012

Thursday night

was just plain awful. We were woken up ( at 2:45 ughhh) to Adalyn crying and yelling for us. We figured something was wrong since she never does that and I was scared she would wake up Landon so I went to see what was the matter. I walk in and pick her up only to feel she has no diaper on and that her legs are soaking wet. I was still half asleep so I made my eyes focus and realized she took her diaper off. I grabbed a diaper and asked her why in the world she took her diaper off and she simply said, "its ok momma. I not pee pee in my diaper." Uhh, really? You decided at 2:45 you don't want to pee in your diaper but during the day it doesnt bother you? Oh brother! Since her bed was absolutely soaking wet from about 2 gallons of pee, I took her to our bed. (which I dread) As soon as we lay down, wouldn't you know Landon wakes up crying. Adam went and put the paci in his mouth then it wasnt 15 minutes later, he woke up again. Of course Adalyn was still wide awake in our bed listening to him over the monitor asking what was wrong with him. After going in and out, then me rocking him, he woke back up as soon as I layed my head on my pillow. By this time, we were so done with walking back and forth to his room. The nights leading up to Thursday night Landon had been waking up but the paci in the mouth did the trick. That was unlike him to even wake up those nights so Thursday night just did us in. Adam told me to turn off the monitor and that he needed to cry. I totally agreed. We had to do that at about 4.5-5 months old and it took 1 night and he figured it out. I could hear him cry on and off for an hour or so. I just had to go check on him so I snuck out of bed and slipped him the paci. He was half asleep when I did it but still whinning. At 3:45, Adalyn is finally still in bed but im still awake. I was so aggervated she was in bed with us. I had her little legs kicking my back the rest of the time. Not my idea of a good nights rest! I dozed off and woke up around 4:30 and decided to check on Landon. He was fast asleep holding onto his blanket. I made my way back to bed and I think woke up at about 6:15 or so. Landon was so tuckered out from his crying spell he didnt wake up until 7:25, and then took a long morning nap and a 3 hour nap that afternoon. I was a little anxious to see how Friday night would go but thankfully he must have figured out we werent going to keep coming in his room to wait on him hand and foot so he has gone back to his regular sleeping rountine. Oh, and I might need to mention, Adalyn was wearing a night gown that night when she decided to take her diaper off and stand in her bed to pee.... I have obviously removed all her her night gowns from her drawer so she doesn't have the temptation to try that again. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...