Thursday, April 5, 2012

Snake

I can't stand snakes. The sight of them makes my skin crawl. So speaking of snakes, I saw one yesterday. After I feed Landon his breakfast in the morning, we get dressed and head outside for an hour or an hour and a half or so. It's normally around 9:45 or 10 when we head out and I take the kids on a long walk, then we play with chalk, bubbles, Adalyn's bicycle, and any other toy we can drag out of the garage. Adalyn also likes to swing alot and I asked her if she wanted to yesterday. She said yes and hopped in her car for me to push her to the backyard to swing. I push Landon in his stroller and her in the push car and as I was walking through the backyard, I told myself to look out for snakes. The back of our property is slightly wooded and I'm always a worry wart when it comes to some things. So im scanning the grass for snakes and by the time we made it the the swin, wouldn't you know I see a huge brown snake with black dots on it. Ugh just typing this makes me have the chills. I cannot stand the sight of a snake so to be so close to one with both of my babies really freaked me out. The darn snake was right by her swing. You better believe we high tailed it out of the back yard. Im sure if someone saw me running pushing a stroller and a toy car, they got a good laugh. My body was covered with chill bumps and I felt so nasty. ha. My heart was beating so fast I could have sworn it was going to beat right out of my chest. Adalyn didn't see the snake but when we got back to the patio and I explained to her what I saw. My intention was to scare her and it worked. I just explained that snakes are not nice and they will bite you and they sometimes kill people. I told her anytime she saw a snake to run away and to never try to pet it. As Adam says, "No snake is a nice snake." I don't care if its not poisionous, I don't like them. I am so glad Adalyn asked me to push her to her swing yesterday. Normally, she runs before me and waits on us to get there. All yesterday I had the jitters just thinking about that snake. Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...