Monday, April 23, 2012

Worms

I did not have to change 1 single diaper today! Can you believe it?! Oh wait, I should rephrase that. I didn't have to change any diapers for Adalyn. She stayed dry all day long! I put a diaper on her when she napped but she woke up dry and then when she went outside to help Adam mow, we put another on.
Other than that, she wore Minnie Mouse and Daisy duck panties all day. She normally gets M&M's every time she goes, but the past few days she has just about been going every single time. I was running low on M&M's so I switched to a pack of 100 Calorie cookies. I give her 4 each time. We bought groceries after Church last night and came across her favorite gummies of all time. Jerry always stops at a gas station and buys her these fruit gummies. Kellogs is the brand and she prefers these over regular gummy bears. Which is fine since these are more "healthier". Anyway, we found a big box of them so I figured this would be another way to sucker her in to using her potty all day. It worked. I need to back up though... After naps yesterday afternoon we headed over to my parents for dinner before Church. They went to Washington D.C. and NYC for a week so Adalyn was more than ready to go and see them. Adalyn stayed the night and we went on to Church. Fast forward to this morning, Adalyn calls to talk to me and I told her I had a surprise for her when she gets home AND if she uses the potty. She immediately says "M&M's? Cookies?" I said nope, keep guessing. Without hesitation, she squealed, "Gummies! I come home now!" So not too much longer after our phone conversation, my mom pulls up in our driveway. Usually its a fight to get her to leave my parents house or Adam's parents house but mom told me she kept saying, "Bye granna. It's ok. I'll come back." So ever since she got home this morning, she has been a peeing machine. So, where Im going with this and the reason I titled this blog, "Worms"... I was rocking her tonight and she informs me she needs to go poo poo. I look at her and said, "no you don't. Are you telling a story?" ha. She told me no so off we went to the bathroom. she starts doing her business and by this time Adam and Landon come to sit in hallway with me. Adalyn gets real excited after each "one" goes into Elmo so tonight she said, "Daddy! Come look at my worms!" I made the mistake of telling her one day that they looked like worms. She got a kick out of it and it seriously took me by surprise when she said that tonight. It was hilarious. I have learned there is never a dull moment with her when it comes to potty training. She is either trying to "catch" her pee (as I blogged about before) or wake up in the middle of the night and take her diaper off to pee in her bed so she won't pee in her diaper... She keeps things entertaining that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...