Monday, July 30, 2012

Pigs!

We welcomed 6 new pigs to our farm over the weekend. The week prior to us getting them, you can only imagine the conversations that went on in our house by a certain 2 1/2 year old. I bet you would have never guessed it but Adalyn was beyond excited. We will be processing them around the beginning of November for meat (sausage, tenderloin, porkchops, ribs) Yum. We already have a few people interested so if you think you may want some, let me know! I can give you more information. So that means we have 3 short months to come up with a story to give Adalyn when all 6 pigs mysteriously disappear. That should be interesting. The pigs settled into their new home quite nicely.
and here is our Future Farmer in training!
I was rocking her to sleep Saturday night and I know she was dead to the world because she hadn't moved and she was breathing real deep when all of a sudden, her little head pops up and says, "The red pigs are Durocks" and she then layed her head back on me and was sound asleep. She even dreams about farm animals. Oh how I love that little girl!

1 comment:

  1. She needs to start practicing the FFA creed now! She will be a future, public speaker and leader too! Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...