Sunday, July 22, 2012

Swimming

2 Monday's ago my mom had Adalyn for the day. It was my first day back to work and she and Ginger taught VBS at Oakley. They had Adalyn and Jonah with them during the morning then went to the house to swim for the rest of the day. Later that afternoon while Adam dropped Landon off with me for his 1st day of Mommy and Me Swim class she called and said Adalyn was swimming without her floaties. She kept asking my mom if she could touch the bottom then she asked to sit on the bottom. Well, my mom pushed her down and ever since then, she has been swimming without floaties! At 2 1/2 years old. I of course believed my mom when she was telling me she was jumping off the side then swimming to her and going to the bottom to pick up fish but it was really almost hard to believe without seeing it for myself. This past Friday Adam went to a tractor pull so I took the kids over to my parents to swim for the evening. Once we got there I fed Landon while Adalyn and mom went ahead and started swimming. Once I got out there, she was already swimming to her and my mouth just dropped. I was so shocked and impressed. I brought the video camera and my mom and I took turns recording her until my battery died. This girl is fearless. She swam for about 2 hours non stop and wouldn't sit still long enough for a break! It looks like we may have a swimmer on our hands! She kept throwing goggles in the pool then diving down to get them. I would have to push her shoulders down to help her get there but as soon as she would come up, she would wipe her hair out of her face and immediately throw the goggles so she could go back under to get them. I uploaded a video (out of the 20 we took) on my facebook page. I don't know how to add one to my blog so check it out there. It is simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...