Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Standing! and 1st step!

Monday July 23, Landon stood by himself! Normally anytime he was standing he was either holding our hands or holding on to something but this time when Adam put him down, he stood by himself for a few seconds. Adam and I both got so excited and I know our eyes were as big as saucers. Tuesday, Adam called me and said, "I know you probably don't want to hear this but he has been standing for a long time today." He knew I would be bummed if I missed him do anything new without me there! But I was so excited to here it it didn't even bother me. When I got home I was anxious to see him stand for even longer than I had seen the day before and wouldn't you know, he stood! and stood and stood! And now instead of plopping down really fast, he slowly goes down. It's like he is trying to figure out if he would rather stay standing or if he really just wants to sit. Before bed last night I grabbed my camera, took him to the living room, and put him down. I was able to snap a ton of pictures because he just stands (and stands!) there. Oh me we are so thrilled he is doing this! You can look at his little feet and see he is working so hard to keep his balance. He sways slightly back and forth just learning and trying to figure out this new trick of his!
On Tuesday, he took his first official step! He was standing by the coffee table and was reaching for the couch. As he was standing by himself, he took one step until he reached the couch! I was so glad I was home and able to witness that. My baby will be walking soon I bet! Adalyn was walking (everywhere) at 9 1/2 months old. She has kept us on the move for a very long time. I knew Landon wouldn't walk that early but he is just 10 months old so maybe not much longer and he will be a walker! Just in time for his 1st birthday! and today, when I would put him down to stand, he claps. :) I guess he knows he has accomplished something! Way to go Landon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...