Friday, July 26, 2013

4th of July

Better late than never, huh? The 4th of July was a wipe out! It rained, and rained, and rained for DAYS! We had a huge weekend planned to be on the boat but that obviously didn't happen. But we didn't let that damper our spirits! We swam anyway! (and yes, it was so cold! The 4th of July is NOT suppose to be chilly- Thanks a lot rain!)


My aunt Janet, Uncle Britt and cousin Nathan came up from Alabama for the weekend. I think the kids swam about 3 hours straight on this day!

Adalyn is swimming to Adam from the steps. You can kind of see the distance she is making without her floaties. The kid amazes me I tell ya.


Meet Dolphin. Yes, the whale is known as "Dolphin" by my kids.
Since it was pretty chilly, everyone went back and forth from the pool to the hot tub. I think the water was around 70 something degrees on that day which is freezing. To give a comparison, we went swimming last Friday night and the water was 90 degrees. Ahhh, like bath water! It was lovely!

After swimming, everyone came in. Oh and yes, it was raining just about the entire time we were outside. No lightening though so we were good!

Movie time! Despicable Me! 

Someone wanted my camera

All the rain canceled all of the area firework shows which was a bummer! So Adam and I went and bought a few for the kids. We still grilled out and had awesome food the entire day! YUM!

Sparklers! (and freshly bathed kids) :) And yes, it was STILL raining at this point.


My curly Q loved the sparklers!
To light one took forever so we grouped a bunch of them together.

So pretty!

Both of my kids adored Nathan. Can't you tell by the look on Landon's face?

We also had those popper things. My kids called them "pop pops". The kids got a kick out of throwing them down on the porch and watching everyone squirm.

Despite the rain, we had a great 4th of July holiday! We got home late and put the kids straight into bed. We were all wore out!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...