Monday, July 1, 2013

Water Park! (Tuesday)

I decided way before we even left for Florida that one day we needed to go to the water park. I have been to numerous water parks growing up and have always loved them. I knew the kids would have an absolute blast! The park opened at 10 and when we pulled up around 9:30 or so, the lines were already to the road. Adam dropped Adalyn and I off to stand in line while he parked. When you have two little ones, finding shade at a park like this is top priority. I had already scoped out a map so I knew exactly which way the kid area was. I booked it over there and found the best spot off to ourselves. We had our own picnic table with umbrella, then a huge tiki hut like thing and as many lounge chairs as needed. Score! We set up camp for the day. Shipwreck Island has a huge kid area. Perfect for my water babies. Landon could walk just about everywhere in the water. They loved all the slides and fountains. We all had just as much fun as they did. All day long we went from slide to slide, fountain to fountain, lazy river, and wave pool.


We had Chick-fil-a for lunch as well as some french fries. You can see ketchup all over his mouth. He likes to "wick it" as he says.

Oh you know, just floating around... and oops, there goes Landon.

"Airpane!"-Landon








How many Goldfish can we stuff in our mouth?












Landon played on this submarine for a long time. It had 2 slides coming out of it and inside were two fish that shot water out. He was "one of those" kids that didn't let anyone else play with those two fish.








We made our way over to the other side of the park and they had a huge pool area with a playground type thing with a big slide coming off of that and a huge bucket that would fill up and dump out. Adalyn loved that slide. I did too actually. It was so fast is slung me everywhere. Landon decided he needed to poop so my mom was gracious enough to take him back to the other side of the park where we were set up at to change his diaper. He fell asleep for about 1.5-2 hours after that in the stroller.

We ended up taking Adalyn back hoping we could get her to nap, too. We ate snacks and put her under the shade in a chair. After a few minutes, she was out. Both kids asleep, my mom sat and read a book while my dad, Adam and I went to play! We rode all the water slides.  We had so much fun! We all went down the slide that drops straight down. Adam ended up cutting his elbow open. It bled for a bit, but finally stopped. Riding all the slides took quite some time. By the time we got back, the kids were awake and playing again. We decided we would all go down this big slide where you can ride as a family. I think you could do 4 to a raft. So Adam and I had the kids. I think this was my favorite ride. It really slung you everywhere and went fast. Landon laughed so much going down that he was snorting. When the ride came to a stop, he said, "Again!" That was our last ride for the day. My dad stopped and bought us some milkshakes on our way back to our area. Someone came over the loud speaker and said they would be closing in 10 minutes. Whoa! We really didn't know what time it was. So we were there from 10:00 until 5:00. It was a lot of fun and was the perfect activity for our kids!

That night, my parents watched Adalyn and Landon while Adam and I went out to eat and shopped by ourselves. Ahhh, to be able to eat dinner and not have to get out of  your chair 12564 times to chase a toddler, or to go to the bathroom, or to pick up the food they are throwing, or to change a diaper, is heaven.  It's so nice to be able to sit and be able to actually talk and listen to one another is so nice! We ate nice and slow  instead of stuffing our faces so we can get out as quickly as possible. Moms of two or more, you know what I mean! After eating and shopping, we walked on the beach. We stayed out for about an hour. The moon was huge and it was so beautiful over the ocean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...