Tuesday, July 23, 2013

iCANtri Junior Triathlon

This past Saturday, Adalyn participated in the iCANtri triathlon at Church. It was for ages 3-1st grade. I was so excited she was old enough to participate this year! I cannot express how much I love our Church family. I am even more thankful that my kids will grow up in our Church just as I did. There is nothing you want more for your children than for them to be around Godly, Christian people and to learn God's word on a weekly basis. Adalyn absolutely loves her Sunday School class and her class on Wednesday nights. It makes me smile when she asks multiple times a week if its Wednesday or Sunday because she knows those are our Church days! I pray Landon will be that enthusiastic as well. The triathlon was divided up based on age. Kindergartners and 1st Graders went first, then preschoolers went next. The entire Church property was roped off for them to run, bike, and "swim". It was so cute watching all the little kids run so hard and bike so fast! Everyone had a blast, esp. my Adalyn! 

Here she is right after I pinned her number on her.

While we waited, they played in the rocks.


Yes, her bathing suit strap gets on my nerves. I have been meaning to cut it off all summer and finally did it once we got to my parents house to swim after her race.

Getting ready to RUN!

Standing on the starting line...


And they're off!
Adalyn's face on the next few pictures are absolutely priceless. Sheer determination folks.




Off they go!




The last leg of the run!


Now on to biking. Every boy and girl had a bicycle of some sort. Adalyn had a tricycle. lol. We are getting her a bicycle for her birthday but it isn't until November and there is no point in buying her a brand new bicycle right now for the heck of it. It's a pretty big gift and to me, it's perfect for her upcoming birthday! So, she used what she (and Landon) play on every single day.
and she did great! She peddled so hard and so fast. We could tell she was having so much fun!



Next was the "swimming" portion of the triathlon. I think this was the kids favorite part!



Then she ran to the finish line to receive her medal from Cyndi.



I cannot even express how excited she was that she received her first medal!
Next, snack time! They had snacks for all the participants. (and their siblings ;) :Landon partook in a cookie and a few oranges himself)




He has to stand by his big sister
Showing off his "digger" shirt

While Adalyn continued to play in the water slide, Landon rode around for a while.






Adalyn slippin' and slidin'


My sweet girl was SO proud of everything she did that morning! We were so proud of her, too! Again, we are so so thankful for our Church family and for the love they show to our babies! (and everyone else's, too!) 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...