Monday, July 15, 2013

Thursday at the Beach! And Ocala

Thursday morning we woke up and went straight to the beach. Well actually the pool was our first stop. We were the very first ones out so we had the pool to ourselves. This was going to be our last day so we were out extra early.

Here they are before jumping in the pool. Aren't they the cutest?!


Here they go!



After a short stop at the pool, we made our way to the beach. We (adam, myself and the kids) were leaving around noon on this day to make the 5 hour drive to Ocala to visit with Christopher and Brandy for a few days. I was so sad to leave the beach! My most favorite place to be ever! But we were excited to see them as well. So we made sure we enjoyed the last hours we had playing in the sand, swimming in the ocean, and eating snacks and I know the kids were enjoying drinking all the juice they could want. We never buy Caprisuns for that reason. That's all they would want!




We had the best weather while we were in Panama City. A few weeks after we got home, around the 4th of July, I knew a ton of people who were visiting Panama and Destin and it did nothing but rain! Yuck! I would never wish that on anyone! Anytime you go to the beach for vacation, you always think of hot, sunny days, not flooding! So I am so grateful we went when we did. The ocean was so so clear and all but 2 days the waves were really calm. Look in the background of the above picture. It was ideal for little kids. We had the BEST time on our vacation! Thank you to my mom and dad for making it so great! 

My parents took the kids to the pool while Adam and I stayed on the beach a little while longer. We gathered up all of our beach stuff and then made our way back to the room to pack up the car.  The kids were still swimming so it made it much easier to get everything loaded. We got our stuff loaded, pulled up right beside the pool and put dry clothes on Adalyn and Landon then took off. We knew all the hours they spent swimming that morning they would be worn out. We put a movie on, stopped at Burger King, then hit the road. They both napped maybe an hour or so but were actually pretty well behaved the rest of the trip. But I do have to say I was so glad to be pulling into their drive way. Landon was way done being in his car seat by that point and we were all just exhausted. We went out and ate Sushi that evening (which was wonderful!). The kids loved being with "uncle and Bandy" as Landon says. Oh, and of course Herc. Herc kept my kids very entertained. 

Friday morning when I woke up, I felt like a train had run over me multiple times. I downright felt like crap. My throat was absolutely killing me, my whole body ached, I was pretty much just miserable. I just figured it was from traveling and the fact that I was still just so wore out. I took a bath that morning thinking it would help but it didn't. Christopher and Brandy had to work on Friday so we kept the kids entertained. I didn't feel like doing much but when you have two kiddos, you have no choice. They have an awesome set up on their back patio so Adam and I lounged on their outdoor sofa furniture while the kids played in the fire pit. It was full of water and it was hot so why not? It kept them busy for about 20 or so minutes and that was our plan.




Christopher got home around maybe 3:30 or so? He pulled out the lawnmower and drove the kids around. This of course was Landon's favorite thing to do. He kept saying, "Mow grass! Mow Grass!" 




Shortly after Brandy got home. They ordered a pizza and we played in the driveway.

Then they went for a ride!

Then when they came back, they "washed" the trailer and Razor. 
Next, check out the next 3 pictures...


Adalyn asked Adam if she could have the water hose... She had no idea it was coming- Hilarious!
Landon started laughing so we thought it would be fun to squirt them down. They enjoyed it so much.








Our pizza came so we ate and played the rest of the evening. Saturday morning comes and I feel even worse than I did the day before. I had no idea why I was feeling so bad but it literally felt like razor blades had slit my throat multiple time it hurt so bad. I have had strep a few times throughout my life, but nothing touched the amount of pain I was feeling then. We had a full day planned on Saturday so all I could do was suck it up and move on. We made the 1.5 hour trip to Daytona to head to Disappearing Island. They have a boat so I knew it would be a blast. This "island" was so so neat. TONS of people go, pull their boat up to shore, and get out and enjoy the rest of the day grilling, swimming, laying out and playing. It was amazing. There were so many sand bars that Adam and I took the kids out and just kept walking and we could go from an island to and island. You know, I take my camera everywhere so I pull it out to take some awesome photos and wouldn't you know, my battery was dead! Ah! I was bummed but I still felt so bad that it didn't really phase me much. I had my phone so I took a few pictures  on that but I don't even feel like e-mailing them to myself right now to upload them. lol. Just trust me when I say the kids had a blast, we had great food (which I couldn't even finish because it hurt to swallow so bad) and on the inner island there were tons of tiny crabs! It was kind of overwhelming at first but quickly noticed they all would run together in a pack so when you took a step, they bolted in a different direction. Adalyn even held one by its pinchers! Brave girl. By 4:00 or so we loaded up and made our way back. We had the 1.5 hour drive to Ocala then the 9 hour drive back home. :( I wasn't looking forward to it. We left their house around 6:00 or so, stopped to get gas and supper, then got on the interstate. My mom and dad left Panama City to head home on Saturday as well. 

I spoke to my mom as we were getting on the interstate and she told me she felt so sick. I was like, "Oh gosh me too!" It was weird we both felt so bad. The drive back home and decent. We borrowed Toy Story and Cars from Christopher and Brandy and the kids loved it. Every day Landon will now ask to watch, "Toy Tory" :) It's so sweet. He will grab my hand, pull me in the living room and say, "Toy Tory! Toy Tory! Toy Tory!" 
Anyway, we ended up getting home around 2:00 AM. Exhausted I tell you. We slept until 8:30. I still felt horrible but it was so so good to be home. I was more than ready to get back on some sort of a schedule because while on vacation, we didn't really stick to one! Which is what vacation is all about, right? :) I went to work on Monday and Adam went to the farm. I ended up going to the doctor because I was still hurting so bad. Ends up I had strep. Real fast, I had strep back in April. The pain was manageable. It felt nothing like what I was experiencing then. I ended up not really eating for 4 days because I didn't want to swallow. Of course, the test came back positive for strep. Now, back in April, they gave me an antibiotic that made me sick. I took it for a few days then called and asked they prescribe me something else since it was making me sick. They did, but that made me sick, too. (I'm allergic to Penicillin) So I did some research and I kept reading in different places online, "Finish you antibiotic, even if you feel better. If not, strep is more likely to come back stronger than ever for the 2nd time." Well, hello. That's what happened to me. The antibiotic they gave me that time cleared me right up. Hallelujah! I took Tuesday off work but by Wednesday, I felt SO much better! 

So, I have finally finished up all the blog posts about our vacation back in June. My blog is my scrapbook about our family so I am so glad I keep it up regularly. I LOVE coming back and reading about what we have done!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...