Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Adalyn's Rapunzel's Birthday Party!

We celebrated Adalyn turning 6 by having a Rapunzel themed birthday party! To say I have a six year old absolutely blows my mind. Adalyn chose Rapunzel has her theme months ago so it didn't surprise me when she wanted to be her for Halloween, too. She definitely has the long hair going on so it worked perfectly ;)

Her party was Saturday, November 14. Getting ready for the kids parties I always clean throughout the week so I don't have a lot to do on that day other than decorate and pick up the cake and balloons, and get the food prepared. For someone who is so organized and "on top of things", I didn't make her shirt until the day of her party. Oops. I am almost positive that pretty soon we will have to pick a location to celebrate her parties as our house isn't quite big enough and I know as she grows, she will want to invite her friends from school. So I am really soaking up all the planning and decorating of our house since I know we won't party at home forever! 

Before everyone arrived, I took her outside to snap a few pictures of our beautiful 6 year old!









I thought the Wanted flyer was so fitting! I posted a few outside and in the house. 




I wanted a green back ground on the cake so it would resemble grass. I love the part in the movie when she touches it for the first time!

The iron skillet was a must!


Adalyn doesn't have a lot of Rapunzel toys so I was limited to what I could decorate with. She has one doll but her hair is a hot mess! So I printed a few pictures out and created all the sayings and framed them.







We had meatballs and buffalo chicken dip in the kitchen as well. 
So good! 



I went with a purple, pink and yellow theme so I tried to really carry it out throughout the decor. Even down to her "paint brushes". Since Rapunzel loved to paint, I thought this was a great idea!

We strung her "hair" throughout the foyer and dining room.




 Presents!



Shopkins was definitely the most received gift this year! I had no idea who or what they were until she came home from school back in October with a drawing of a lot of the characters. I learned that Shopkins were the greatest thing ever (duh mom!) and they are a huge hit in our house. So much so that Landon plays with them just as much, if not more, she she does. 







She loves her new bedding! From Adam and I, we are totally re-doing her bedroom! Can't wait to show everyone the final product!



Cake time!






My heart cannot handle that she is 6. It just doesn't seem possible.



Hawkeye had to join in on the family picture
;)

Best Day Ever!!

A Rapunzel party wouldn't be complete without floating lanterns!!!
This was by far the neatest thing, ever! The lanterns are popular nowadays at weddings but I thought it would be the  perfect addition to her party. I had never been around these lanterns and I was so excited to try it out. We had 10 and you open up the balloon part, light it, and hold it until it heats up enough to lift off on its own. 
It was truly a beautiful sight to see! We were in awe as to how high it went and how far it went down our neighborhood. They were so fun and easy, I can't wait to get more for other special occasions.
















So magical!

We had a house full of family and friends who love our sweet girl so much! We are so blessed to have them in our lives!

Just one of the many reasons I blog, to be able to read back on these special times is worth so so much to me!

1

2

3

4

5

6








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...