Thursday, September 29, 2011

Family of 4 now!

Wow! We have a 22 month old AND a 13 day old! Need I say more? lol. These past 13 days have been such a joy to our family! Tiring, yes, but definitely a joy. Landon is such an awesome baby. And yes, Adalyn is an awesome big sister. =) I have never seen a baby get kissed as much as Landon does. Adalyn must start at his lips and work her way up to his peach fuzz on his head. All she wants to do is hold him, kiss him, and stick the paci in his mouth. (which she does a little too hard- which is a given) I am constantly telling her to "be careful" and "watch what your doing!" Right now I barely walk out of the room for a second if I leave the two of them together! There is no telling what she may try! haha. But really, she has been such a big help to us. No signs of jealously whatsoever. (yet anyway!) She understands that when he is hungry I have to feed him. Changing his diaper has been a challange. Well, it was more of a challange last week when we were home for the first couple of days. I had his circumcision to worry with as well as him peeing in the air every time we changed him! One day I changed his outfit 4 times until I finally had enough of it and made him go in his diaper. I remember Adalyn peeing (some) and having to change her but oh BOY! All we could do was laugh. Poor guy even shot pee in his face. Check this out- I was feeding him and then all of a sudden my shorts felt really warm. I picked him up, and this was the result! His umbilical cord fell off this morning. Thank goodness! BUT, yesterday it somehow got caught on my shirt and when I layed him down to change his diaper, I noticed it was barely hanging on. It looked nasty so of course I had a minor freak out session. All is good and I got over it. Adalyn has called his belly button a "boo boo" since we brought him home. She says his name so well now. Very clear. She even calls him "buddy" which just makes my heart smile. On a different note... I sure do miss my sleep! But I have to say, he is a great sleeper! Even though my brain isn't working 100% right now, I remember 2 nights that were rough. The others have been "do-able!" there were also 2 nights right when we got home that breastfeeding was difficult for him. Of course he ate like a champ in the hospital and then when we got home, he made it hard on himself. We got it figured out and it's smooth sailing now! I was having to pump every so often since I was HUGE and hurting and would pump for just a few minutes. I am only breastfeeding but during the short periods when I had to pump and 13 days later... I have 112 oz froze already! Just call me a cow. Back to the sleeping, last night was pretty good. We were all in bed at 9, and he didnt wake me up again until 1:30, then again at 5:30. Ah, that was nice. Since Adam went back to school this week, I havent asked him to help me anymore during the night. The 1st week I would nurse him then he would change him and put him back to sleep. That was a huge help! I am looking forward to tomorrow night so he can help again. He has offered countless times but I know he has to work so one of us needs to be rested. He is on Fall Break next week so I will enjoy him being home with us again! That's just a little bit about our first 13 days of being a family of 4. We are very busy but we are loving it. I am so very thankful for my two beautiful children. Keep me in your prayers as I tackle being home with the two of them by myself for an entire day tomorrow! I made my mom come Monday and tuesday. Wed. Landon and I stayed the day at my grandparents so they could meet him and Lynn kept Adalyn, then today (thursday) Nancy came. I guess it's time I put my big girl panties on and just do it! enjoy some pictures!



1 comment:

  1. Hollyn, you have such a beautiful family! Congrats on Landon! He looks a lot like Adam.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...